[English Native Speakers only] Full-Time CN > EN [HIDDEN]
Job posted at: Jul 9, 2019 10:46 GMT (GMT: Jul 9, 2019 10:46)
Job approved and potential candidates notified at: Jul 9, 2019 12:43 GMT Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing, Copywriting, Transcreation
Confidentiality level Languages:
Chinese to English
Full-Time CN > EN Translator/Editor
Huawei, Shanghai/Shenzhen, China
Industry | ICT & Consumer Electronics
Employment Type | Full-Time
Job Functions | Localization, Translation, Writing/Editing
Huawei is an ICT solutions provider, headquartered in China and with operations in more than 170 countries. Our products and solutions are serving more than one third of the world's population, and include smartphones, PCs, tablets, wearables, and more.
We're looking for an experienced, bilingual writer and translator to join our team. Our work spans UI/UX, naming, marketing, branding, user manuals, and of course UX writing and translation.
You will be responsible for working with other linguists, as well as the development and design team to find the best writing, translation, and localization solutions for a variety of consumer products. Your work will be the launching point of further translation into 60+ languages.
Ideal candidates will have outstanding written verbal and written communication skills, total fluency in Chinese and English, be culturally fluent, and be driven to work towards a common goal.
• Translation from Simplified Chinese into English
• Re-writing or writing content as necessary (technical and marketing)
• Edit and proofread English translation as needed
• Linguistic testing
• Cultural adaptation and localization
• Communicating with Chinese teams from different professional backgrounds
• English Native speaker
• Proficiency in Chinese
• Strong writer
• Intuitive understanding of how information should be presented and structured
• Degree in translation, language studies, communications, UI/UX, telecommunications, computer science or related field
• Experience in translation, writing, editing, localization, or communications
• Experience in ICT products preferred
• Passionate about intercultural communication and sensitive to cultural differences
• Curious, quick learner (enjoy learning how things work), and attentive to details
• Empathetic, able to imagine user perspectives
• Flexible problem solver who approaches issues from many angles
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Huawei believes the future will be a Better Connected World. We connect systems, businesses, cities, and people around the globe. We make work more efficient, help transform industries, and deliver a better experience to every user. Huawei enables the free exchange of ideas, and moves the world forward. Come and join us. Let's change the world together.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [HIDDEN]
: China Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Telecom(munications) Quoting deadline: Dec 31, 2019 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 31, 2020 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Resource Manager
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking