COURT INTERPRETER - NEED TO RESIDE IN THE USA
Job posted at: Jul 15, 2019 15:12 GMT (GMT: Jul 15, 2019 15:12) Job type:
Services required Languages:
: Interpreting, Consecutive, Interpreting, Simultaneous, Interpreting, Chuchotage/Whispering, Interpreting, Liaison
English to Acoli, English to Afrikaans, English to Belarusian, English to Chinese, English to Dzongkha, English to Kazakh, English to Latvian, English to Malay, English to Spanish, English to Tamil, English to Tibetan, English to Zulu
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF NOT RESIDING IN THE USA AND IF YPU DON'T HAVE ONE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE COURT/LEGAL/JUDICIAL INTERPRETATION. THANKS
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking qualified, professional, and experienced Court Interpreters to support a federal government customer. Our job is to support our customer’s ongoing court cases by providing Acholi language interpretation.
These cases are supported on an as-needed basis and require interpreters with flexible schedules. Hours will differ from assignment to assignment, based on needs of the customer. We provide the interpreter with as much notice as possible, anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks ahead of time. From time to time, we have rush requests due to a cancellation.
• Provides consecutive and simultaneous interpretation
• Leads three-way telephonic interpretations between Government representatives and low English proficiency individuals as required
• Performs sight translation, occurring when an interpreter is given a written document in one language and asked to read it aloud in another language
• Provides quality control review of translated documents as required
• Performs other duties as required
• Legal ability to work in U.S.
• Certified Interpreter (Federal, State or NAJIT certified) or possess ONE (1) year of experience interpreting in a judicial environment
AT LEASE ONE YEAR OF COURT/LEGAL/JUDICIAL INTERPRETATION EXPERIENCE
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Law/Patents Preferred specific fields:
Law (general) Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Law (general) Required quoter location:
United States Quoting deadline: Jan 1, 2020 04:00 GMT Additional requirements:
one year experience in court/legal/judicial interpretation
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.