Chinese Translator / Project Administrator, full time position in New Zealand
Job posted at: Sep 14, 2019 09:52 GMT (GMT: Sep 14, 2019 09:52)
Job approved and potential candidates notified at: Sep 14, 2019 10:36 GMT Job type:
Service required Languages:
Chinese to English
Auckland Translations Ltd (www.aktranslation.co.nz) provides translation services to individuals, businesses and government departments in New Zealand. A full time position of Chinese translator / translation project administrator is now available at our Albany office, Northshore. If you prefer to work less hours because of other commitments such as picking up school children, we will have no problem either.
The main duties of the role are:
1. Translate documents, mostly driver licences and non-technical document, mostly from Chinese to English.
2. Managing translation projects. This mostly involves: Emailing quotes to potential customers; emailing documents to our freelance translators to translate; and emailing the final translation document to our customers.
3. Answer customers phone calls in English and in Mandarin; write emails to customers in English and in Chinese.
4. Help the owner with records and accounts of the office, and other tasks.
You need to meet all the following 6 criteria:
1. English Language Skills:
You must meet at least one of the following:
• Be a native speaker of English. or
• At least 3 years of your primary/secondary education in schools where English was the teaching language (the schools can be in NZ , Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, UK, Canada, USA or any country where English is one of its official languages. Or
• Your IELTS score is 7.5 or above. or
• You are a NZSTI full member, a NAATI certified translator, or have a Masters degree in translation studies or in English language.
2. Chinese Language Skills:
You will need to have lived in a Chinese-speaking country, region or family for at least 12 months. You need to be able to speak fluent mandarin, and know Hanyu Pinyin spellings for the majority of the commonly-used Chinese characters.
3. Qualification: You have a tertiary qualification (level, subject and country is not important).
4. Computer skills.
Have good knowledge on computer/internet; proficient in MS Word.
5. Have good attention to detail.
6. Residency/Visa: Applicants must have NZ (or Australia) citizenship or permanent residency, or be qualified for NZ (or Australia) permanent residency without relying on our sponsorship.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in the position, please email the following before 9am Monday 14 October 2019 to [HIDDEN] In the email subject, please write CTFSEEK1909 & your name:
1. Your current CV
2. A cover letter.
3. Your completed and signed application form. Please download the application form from: https://www.aktranslation.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/ATL-application-form-201909.doc
For more information about us, please visit our website: www.aktranslation.co.nz. If you have any questions, please contact Jimmy on [HIDDEN]400 or [HIDDEN]
: New Zealand Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Subject field: Various types of documents
Quoting deadline: Oct 11, 2019 20:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Oct 13, 2019 20:00 GMT
Annual Salary: NZ$42,848.00 - NZ$64,272.00, depending on your skills and abilities.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: You cannot quote because the quoting deadline has passed.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.|