Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
thebigword is looking for a skilled translator that specializes in the field of Marketing and IT. This is a freelance role that will provide you with the flexibility to work remotely.
You will be responsible for conducting linguistic review of translated material and provide feedback to the original translator in order to provide the best possible translation and improve on the localization
The optimal candidate is a Native Japanese speaker with:
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent English skills
• 1+ years of experience in translation
• Eagerness to acquire new knowledge
• Candidates should be comfortable with CAT tools
• Ability to check the details and revise accurately
• In-depth knowledge of IT and marketing industry
• Fluency in Japanese and the ability to transliterate
• Experience in using CAT tools such as Trados or Wordfast
• Likes to work in a team and to communicate in both English and Japanese
• Ability to translate UIs accurately and a good understanding of user support documents
Workload is 5-10 hours per week during an initial assessment period and can potentially rise to 15-20 hours per week upon successful completion of the initial assessment period.
(Please note that this is a freelance position where you will work remotely).
If this description fits you and you would like to join the team, please feel free to send your resume to: [HIDDEN]
Poster country: United States
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours Required native language: Target language(s) Subject field: IT (Information Technology) Quoting deadline: Sep 30, 2019 13:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 3.5 out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.