Onsite Native Linguist (Italian) Base in China 1 year contract
Job posted at: Sep 23, 2019 02:52 GMT (GMT: Sep 23, 2019 02:52) Job type:
Service required Languages:
English to Italian
Onsite Native Linguist (Japanese, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil))
English- Portuguese (Brazil) 1
Industry | ICT & Consumer Electronics
Employment Type | Full-Time
Job Functions | Localization, Translation, Writing/Editing
SDL is currently looking for a full-time native linguist for our Client. Our client is an ICT solutions provider, headquartered in China and with operations in more than 170 countries. Products and solutions are serving more than one third of the world's population, and include smartphones, PCs, tablets, wearables, and more.
We're looking for an experienced, bilingual writer and translator to join our team. Our work spans UI/UX, naming, marketing, branding, user manuals, and of course UX writing and translation.
You will be responsible for working with other linguists, as well as the development and design team to find the best writing, translation, and localization solutions for a variety of consumer products.
Ideal candidates will have outstanding written verbal and written communication skills, total fluency in English, be culturally fluent, and be driven to work towards a common goal.
• Translation from English into Japanese, Polish, Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
• Linguistic testing
• Cultural adaptation and localization
• Communicating with teams from different professional backgrounds
• Native speakers of the languages above
• Native-level mastery of English
• Intuitive understanding of how information should be presented and structured
• Degree in translation, language studies, telecommunications, computer science or related field
• Experience in translation, writing, editing, localization, or communications
• Experiences in ICT products preferred
• Chinese proficiency preferred
• Curious, quick learner (enjoy learning how things work), and attentive to details
Empathetic, able to imagine user perspectives
• Flexible problem solver who approaches issues from many angles
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
This job is at least with one year contract.If you are interested in this job, please send your CV and expect salary to [HIDDEN] Thanks!
: China Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Tech/Engineering, Art/Literary, Science Preferred specific fields:
IT (Information Technology) Preferred native language:
Portuguese Subject field:
IT (Information Technology) Preferred software:
SDL TRADOS, Passolo, Wordfast, memoQ Preferred quoter location:
China Quoting deadline: Dec 1, 2019 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 1, 2020 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
ProZ.com Business Enterprise member.
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.