Urgent! Looking for Norwegian Brand Guardian (English>Norwegian)
Job posted at: Sep 27, 2019 13:22 GMT (GMT: Sep 27, 2019 13:22) Job type:
Services required Languages:
: Translation, Checking/editing
English to Norwegian
About the Role:
You'll be an ambassador of client’s (a leading digital retailer of shoes and apparels in Sport’s industry) brand and vision - drive, determination, the unyielding commitment to language excellence, these all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every project experience a rewarding one, and as a core member of our team, your contributions will be a big part of our success. As a brand guardian, you will be client’s voice in your market and the leader for the translation team to ensure client’s local market consumers receive the highest quality, most premium digital experience. You will do this through a hands-on approach in evolving and enforcing quality standards in partnership with all linguists, providing effective training, evaluating key metrics and reacting smartly when business needs or priorities shift, supported by the Lionbridge team as needed. This position is a highly visible customer-facing role and will require weekly communication (and seasonal on-site meetings) with the client’s Localization Specialists and relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee the localization brand alignment process bridging the work of internal linguists (Translators, editors, Transcreation resources) with client’s brand vision and quality framework.
• Help drive quality and communicate consistency across digital content (web and apps) through implementation of localization best practices and initiatives
• Lead/drive reoccurring seasonal initiatives and meetings with client’s teams as well as various other internal stakeholders and our vendors to deliver the most premium experience to end users in local markets.
• Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external localization stakeholders and suppliers.
• Analyze delivery metrics to identify trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards via glossary terminology, style guides, etc.
• Support linguists/translators in resolving linguistic queries
• Organize and hold training sessions for Lionbridge translation teams on style requirements, terminology changes and other linguistic matters
• Provide support for the program team with identification of new talent and onboarding new linguists
• Native fluency in Norwegian language.
• Proficiency in English.
• Linguistic educational background is a strong plus.
• 3-5 years relevant translation experience required (copy preferred).
Background in copywriting as well as a passion for languages and translation quality will be valued.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about sports brands in general
o Sports/athletics industry experience or experience with retail/fashion apparel content highly desirable.
• Prior experience in content localization in the marketing industry or a marketing agency is a plus.
• Social media awareness and active use of social media channels are big plus. An active contributor and content creator, aware of the language and content needs of a young user base/ Social Media Savvy is preferred.
• Adaptability and resiliency to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, analytical and multitasking skills.
• Experience using localization CAT tools is a plus.
• Understanding of localization and internationalization issues and latest linguist trends.
• Experience managing linguistic assets (glossaries, style guides) will be highly valued.
• Self-starter, quick-learner, detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive.
• Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to support cross-functional and remote team collaboration.
- Monthly time commitment is estimated at 15-20 hours/month. The initial time commitment for the Brand Guardian tasks may be less, but may be offset by the translation/review tasks.
If if the above is of your interest, please get back to us directly via email > [HIDDEN]
Thank you in advance!
: Slovakia Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Subject field: Marketing / Market Research
Quoting deadline: Sep 30, 2019 00:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Oct 4, 2019 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.3
out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.