Food and Work Space Safety Localization Expert for Translation Project
Job posted at: Oct 1, 2019 16:24 GMT (GMT: Oct 1, 2019 16:24) Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing
Confidentiality level Languages:
English, English to French, English to German Language variant:
English > English (Great Britain)
We are looking to recruit experts in food and work space safety to work as a "brand ambassadors" on upcoming projects. The project will begin in the mid or end of October and run likely through the end of 2019.
A brand ambassador is essentially a blended subject matter expert in food and workspace safety and the locale for a specific region/language. They have background and experience in localizing for this industry and have resources and know-how when additional research or explanation is needed. They understand which rules and regulations apply, terms and acronyms to be used, and have other resources to know what does or does not apply to a certain country or region.
The brand ambassador usually does several key functions:
1) Provide a report of potential issues with localizing content. (ie OSHA is only applicable to USA, emergency phone number in that region rather than 911, cultural sensitivities, etc.)
2) Establish glossary terms and ensure those terms are localized correctly.
3) Create translation style guides for all to reference.
4) Train and meet with translators if needed on certain topics or understanding.
5) Provide secondary reviewers or in-context reviewers on projects.
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Subject field: Safety
Quoting deadline: Nov 14, 2019 02:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Jan 1, 2020 02:00 GMT
Knowledge and experience in regards to food and workplace safety.
Experience creating glossaries and style guides.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.9
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Vendor Manager