Looking for: Japanese speaking Project Manager - Work from Home
Job posted at: Oct 2, 2019 15:02 GMT (GMT: Oct 2, 2019 15:02) Job type:
Service required Languages:
: Translation, Project Management (other)
English to Japanese
I hope you are having a fine day!
I’m contacting you on the behalf of Crestec US, for a possible
cooperation as we have currently a few openings in our teams,
Currently, we are looking for a Japanese speaking Project Manager (Full time - work from home) preferably located in Asia or Australia.
Please read the full information connected to the job details below below. In case you are interested, please send me your CV and any further details from your side.
Crestec, one of the fastest-growing providers of translation and localization services, is seeking seasoned and dedicated Localization Project Managers to manage our Asia based accounts. Localization Project Managers are responsible for the scoping, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of translation and localization projects, while ensuring that our deliverables are on schedule, within budget, and meet our customers’ quality expectations. Localization Project Managers act as liaisons between customers, in-house team members, and suppliers to foster a positive and proactive work environment where the needs of all customers, senior management, and other stakeholders are understood and met.
• Listen to the voice of customer to design project and budget plans
• Create new projects in our Translation Management System (TMS) and keep the stored information up to date
• Collaborate with Vendor Managers to identify suitable resources for the project, and provide feedback on their performance upon project closure
• Monitor the progress of projects and intervene if necessary
• Escalate production issues to senior management if needed
• Conduct weekly project team meetings for large projects
• Act as the primary liaison between customers and internal/external resources, with particular respect to customer expectations, query management and any scope changes
• Create, document and manage standard localization processes following project management best practices, while keeping transparency to all customers, project team members and suppliers
• Manage corrective/preventive actions and collaborate with the team to implement them
• Close jobs in our TMS for timely invoicing to our customers and suppliers
• Conduct post-mortem meetings if desired
• Manage Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) for large accounts
• Gain an in-depth understanding of our customers’ products/projects and make recommendations for tool/process optimization to the internal team if appropriate
• Propose improvement plan for higher quality, faster turnaround, and more cost-efficient solutions
• BA/BS or an equivalent degree in Translation, Linguistics, Project Management or a similar field of study is required; a Master’s degree is a plus
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a project manager in a deadline-driven environment within the translation or localization space is desired, preferably on the vendor side
• Sound knowledge of translation and localization workflows and tools along with the thorough understanding of related file formats (HTML, XML, etc.) are desired
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English are required; proficiency in other languages, especially in Japanese, is a plus
• Project management certification is a plus
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications, CAT tools and main translation management systems is desired
• Solid leadership skills with a sense of responsibility and accountability
• Proven track record in schedule and budget management along with customer relationship management
• Detail-oriented, creative nature with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational and time management capabilities to collaborate with multiple stakeholders of different time zones
• Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills with the flexibility to adapt project execution to unforeseen events, such as schedule and scope changes
• Optimistic, fun, proactive attitude with a strong sense of teamwork
Location: Remote, preferably in Asia or Australia
Work hours: Standard office hours
Employment type: Contract
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Gabriel Nagy – Vendor Manager
Cell: +44-20-8[HIDDEN] / Direct: +86-1767-[HIDDEN]
Crestec USA, Inc.
Number 1 LSP that you should know.
Tel: +1-310-[HIDDEN] / Fax: +1-310-[HIDDEN]
[California] 2410 Mira Mar Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
[Georgia] 1100 Peachtree St NE, Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Visit world wide Crestec offices,
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Marketing / Market Research Quoting deadline: Dec 1, 2019 08:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
ProZ.com Business Plus member.
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.