EN-IT translators/reviewers - Trading Card Games experts, lasting collaboration
Job posted at: Oct 2, 2019 23:21 GMT (GMT: Oct 2, 2019 23:21) Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Italian
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
We are currently looking for at least two freelancer translators English>Italian to start a remote long term collaboration related to a specific field of the game industry.
We need candidates with knowledge of Trading Card Games, especially of the brand Magic: The Gathering and related products (card game and related marketing, Duels of the Planeswalkers, MTG Arena, MTG online etc).
The translators need to be Subject Matter Experts, so the expertise in the Collectible Card Games field is paramount, but also general knowledge of videogames or software localization is appreciated. Experience in AAA titles will be also valued.
The selected collaborators need to be able to work and be responsive (not full time, just reply to e-mails and deliver) between 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Central European Time.
They need to be available to perform both translation and review/proofreading tasks.
We are always looking for long term collaborations, so if the candidates are successful in showing their skills in the industry, we aim at working together not only in collectible card games projects, but also in general gaming material and other content.
- Mother tongue Italian; proficient in English American.
- Proven experience in translating Collectible Card Games content, in physical or digital form (paper card game/videogame/board game about the same brand + related marketing and digital material).
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering is paramount. Experience as a player, judge, blogger, content creator or such will be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of other TCG or DCCG is optional but will be taken into account (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Hearthstone...)
- Capability of giving informed opinions about glossaries, style guides, linguist choices in Italian about this topic.
- Keen attention to detail and availability to review/proofread text translated by other translators, where the candidate will need to add the special knowledge of rules and formulas proper of a card game expert.
- Able to work, answer quickly and deliver during the usual CET working hours, 10-18 CET.
- CAT Tools: Trados Studio, MemoQ. Optional: LEAF.
- Able to deliver both small batches on the same day of receipt and bigger wordcounts with long term deadlines.
- Reliability is critical: deliver in time, and when agreed.
Never vanish during the project. Professionalism and quick reaction expected.
- Responsive and able to follow instructions/glossaries carefully, stick to deadlines, provide feedback or quick amends when requested by client.
- Willing to perform a test (400 words max), to assess quality of work delivered
- Able to start immediately after passing the test, IF needed.
Payment: monthly via bank transfer or Paypal.
If interested, please reply and include:
- Your CV
- Your email address for direct answer;
- Your daily input for translation and review;
- Your rates in terms of:
Translation New: 0-74%: (0,0x)
Review new: 0-74%:
The base Loki progression for fuzzies (0-74%) is the 50% of the rate for new, and for rep/100% is the 25% of the rate for new.
Rates in EUR, no minimum rate.
Looking forward to reading your feedback.
Required specific fields: Sample text:
Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Required native language:
Italian Subject field:
Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Required software:
SDL TRADOS Quoting deadline: Nov 29, 2019 23:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 29, 2019 23:00 GMT Additional requirements:
Knowledge of Trading Card Games
Translating this text is NOT required
Suspend (Rather than cast this card from your hand, pay x and exile it with 3 time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
professional member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Director and Vendor Manager
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.