Freelance Translators, English, Arabic, French, long term contract
Job posted at: Oct 3, 2019 06:15 GMT (GMT: Oct 3, 2019 06:15)
Job approved and potential candidates notified at: Oct 3, 2019 08:11 GMT Job type:
Confidentiality level Languages:
Arabic to English, Arabic to French, English to Arabic, English to French, French to Arabic, French to English
Budget and payment details
1. Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
2. Convert written material from one or more 'source languages' into the 'target language', making sure that the translated version conveys the meaning of the original as clearly as possible
3. Use translation memory software, such as Wordfast, memoQ, Across, SDL Trados and Transit NXT, to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency.
4. Use specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
5. research legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
6. Proofread, edit, and revise final translated versions.
7. Train and supervise other translators/interpreters – if needed.
1. A minimum of four-year bachelor degree in translation or interpretation.
2. A minimum of four years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in at least One Language Pair (for example: Arabic to English) is needed.
3. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
4. Fluency in Arabic and/or English and/or French language is a must.
5. Knowledge of the structure and content of a third language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar, is a plus.
6. Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign third language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
7. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
8. IT skills which includes professional use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint and excel).
9. Using translation management software to upload and manage content.
10. Specializing in a particular type of work (i.e. legal, technical, financial, arts, education … etc) is a plus.
11. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
12. Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
Budget information for this job is restricted to those who meet the requirements of the job.
: Lebanon Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Tech/Engineering, Social Sciences, Bus/Financial, Art/Literary, Medical, Marketing, Law/Patents, Science Preferred native language:
Arabic Subject field:
General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters Preferred quoter location:
Required Quoting deadline: Oct 15, 2019 17:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Oct 31, 2019 17:00 GMT Additional requirements:
Minimum 4 years of experience.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a logged in visitor.
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Regional Sales Manager