Freelance Translation Reviewer for Spanish to English Translations
Job posted at: Jan 11, 2020 10:04 GMT (GMT: Jan 11, 2020 10:04) Job type:
Services required Languages:
: Translation, Checking/editing, MT post-editing
Spanish to English
Service Description: CACTUS provides translation services from several languages into English and vice versa, and caters primarily to customers from Academia (researchers, students, professors, etc.). The types of documents that we translate are primarily, but not limited to, research manuscripts and research theses. As per the scope of the “Spanish to English Translation” service, CACTUS translates Spanish text into English; reviews the translation for accuracy, terminology, and language; and enhances the English output for academic consumption through English-language academic editors. Depending on the service type selected by the client, the first step of translation is either done by a human translation or is powered by state-of-the-art AI.
Role Description: In the role of the translate reviewer for the Spanish-to-English translation service (both human and AI translation service types), you will be required to:
1. Ensure that the final translated output conveys the meaning and nuances of the source Spanish text accurately.
2. Revise the output where required to ensure clear and grammatically correct language output.
3. Ensure that the terminology in the final output is correct as per the research field of the author.
4. Ensure that there are no missing translations or mistranslations.
5. Complete the assignments as per the time allocated to you and agreed by you.
• Biochemistry, Genetics, and Molecular Biology
• Environmental Science, Energy, and Sustainability
• Economics and Statistics
• History, Political Science, and Philosophy
• Sociology, Anthropology, and Organizational Behaviour
Please apply by sending your CV to [HIDDEN]
1. Bachelor or Master's degree in one subject areas listed above with basic familiarity with research.
2. Certification in translation (Preferable but not necessary)
3. 2 years of translation experience
4. Strong attention to detail.
5. Strong written English skills.
6. Receptiveness to feedback and willingness to change course if needed.
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Medical, Science Preferred specific fields:
Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-), Medical: Cardiology, Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng, Economics, Medical: Pharmaceuticals, Medical: Instruments, Medical (general) Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Medical (general) Quoting deadline: Jan 14, 2020 18:30 GMT Delivery deadline: Mar 9, 2020 18:30 GMT Additional requirements:
Please apply by sending your CV to freelancetranslatorcactusglobal.com
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.9
out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.|
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking