English and French Scientific Translators
Job posted at: Feb 24, 2020 15:07 GMT (GMT: Feb 24, 2020 15:07)
Job approved and potential candidates notified at: Feb 24, 2020 23:42 GMT Job type:
In-house position Languages:
English to French, French to English
Role: English and French Scientific Translators (Grade L1/L2)
Contract Type: Renewable fixed-term contract
Location: Strasbourg (France)
Reference: Vacancy Notice n°e6/2020
Deadline for applications: 12/03/2020
Are you an enthusiastic scientific translator and have a mix of scientific, translation and client service skills? Do you take pride in the quality and accuracy of your work and have a keen eye for detail? If the answer to these questions is yes, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join our team here at the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM) (edqm.eu), part of the Council of Europe (coe.int).
The main responsibilities of the job:
As Scientific Translator, you will produce high-standard translations of EDQM documents, which are mostly of a scientific and technical nature, from French into English (profile A) or from English to French (profile B). More details are available in the vacancy notice [HIDDEN]
To be eligible to apply you must:
• hold a higher education degree or qualification in science and/or translation;
o if you have a higher education degree or qualification in science and a higher education degree or qualification in translation, no professional experience is required.
o if you only have one or the other, then we require at least 3 years’ proven experience as a translator of scientific texts (in a relevant scientific field) from French into English (profile A) and from English to French (profile B);
o (profile A) English mother tongue (or command of English of mother-tongue standard) and have an excellent knowledge of French; or
o (profile B) French mother tongue (or command of French of mother-tongue standard) and have an excellent knowledge of English;
• have sound computer knowledge of standard tools in office applications, inter alia for terminological and documentary research and knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) and terminology tools.
What we offer:
• a great opportunity to participate in the work on the European Pharmacopoeia, which recently celebrated the publication of its 10th Edition;
• the chance to work in a multinational/multicultural workplace – people from more than 20 nationalities work at the EDQM, which is situated in the European quarter of Strasbourg (a UNESCO World Heritage site);
• highly competitive, income tax free salaries, an attractive benefits package including health insurance, additional allowances such as family and expatriation allowances (as appropriate) and an annual training programme.
More details and information on the recruitment process can be found on our Employment website (https://www.coe.int/en/web/jobs/home). Applications must be submitted by 12/03/2020 (midnight French Time) at the latest. Please note we only accept applications posted via our online recruitment website [HIDDEN]
: France Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: For more information, see: URL not shown
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Science Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Medical: Pharmaceuticals Quoting deadline: Mar 12, 2020 18:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Mar 12, 2020 23:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: HR
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.