On-Site Medical Interpreter, Washington DC Metro Area
Job posted at: Sep 28, 2020 15:35 GMT (GMT: Sep 28, 2020 15:35) Job type:
: Interpreting, Consecutive, Interpreting, Simultaneous
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Azerbaijani, English to Bengali, English to Burmese, English to Chinese, English to Italian, English to Khmer (Central), English to Korean, English to Nepali, English to Pashto (Pushto), English to Tamil, English to Telugu, English to Vietnamese
Liberty Language Services based in Vienna, VA is hiring freelance ON-SITE medical interpreters. This position requires travel within the Washington, D.C. Metro Area (DC, MD, VA). Apply on our website: [HIDDEN]
• This position will consist of interpreting for healthcare patients with limited English proficiency. As a medical interpreter, you will facilitate doctor-patient communication at hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare-related facilities.
• This is an independent contractor position so there are no set hours; interpreters accept assignments on a first-come, first-serve. Assignments are typically Monday to Friday between 7 am to 7 pm.
• Must have completed a minimum 40-hour medical interpreter training course and provide a certificate of completion
• Willingness to pass or show acceptable results for oral language proficiency tests in English and the target language(s)
• Comfort working ON-SITE in a medical setting
• Must be able to submit immunization records (including yearly TB test results) and must be willing to receive yearly flu immunization
We hire on a rolling basis depending on our language needs. We are immediately hiring for the following languages: Azerbaijani, Bengali, Burmese, Cantonese, Italian, Khmer, Korean, Nepali, Pashto, Tamil, Telugu, Vietnamese, Yoruba
Apply directly on our website: [HIDDEN]
Washington DC Metro Area (Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC) Time/duration:
Based on our client's needs Budget and payment details
Budget information for this job is restricted to those who meet the requirements of the job.
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: For more information, see: URL not shown
Non-members may quote after 24 hours
Medical Preferred native language:
English Subject field:
Medical: Health Care Preferred quoter location:
United States Credential:
Required Quoting deadline: Oct 31, 2020 04:00 GMT Additional requirements:
To join the Liberty team and become a trained medical interpreter, you must meet the following requirements:
· You must be highly fluent in both English and your native or target language(s).
· You must be authorized to work in the United States.
· You must have completed or be willing to complete a minimum of 40 hours of interpreter training to be qualified for medical interpreting.
· You must have a flexible schedule.
· You must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
· You must provide specific immunization records to be eligible to cover medical assignments.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
Note: You cannot quote because the quoting deadline has passed.
Contact person title: Recruiter
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.