Job posted at: Jan 23, 2021 01:51 GMT (GMT: Jan 23, 2021 01:51) Job type:
: DTP Specialist (other)
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Chinese, English to Dutch, English to French, English to German, English to Hebrew, English to Italian, English to Japanese, English to Korean, English to Portuguese, English to Russian, English to Spanish, English to Thai
Our translation agency is looking for freelancing DTP specialists to help us with preparing translated files for delivery to our clients. The end goal of this being that the translated file mirrors the format of the original source file as closely as possible.
Below, you will find a description of the role along with essential and desirable criteria:
1. The role: Preparing translated files for delivery to our end clients. These files will normally be translated from PDF to PDF using Adobe software such as InDesign and Illustrator
2. Essential criteria – the ideal candidate must:
• Have proven experience in the translation industry or working with translated texts
• Be comfortable working with (correctly typesetting & formatting) all main European, Asian, and RTL languages.
• Be available to work across various time zones, e.g. EST, GMT, CET
• Have extensive experience of using Adobe programs such as InDesign and Illustrator
• Be willing to speak by telephone and videoconference about work with project managers and clients, not just communicating by email
3. Desirable criteria – it is preferable that the applicant:
• Has a high-level of English (native or near native)
• Is comfortable working with (correctly typesetting & formatting) Asian languages, such as Chinese, and right-to-left languages, like Arabic and Hebrew, in addition to European languages.
• Can use other DTP software such as AutoCAD or can effectively extract text from images (OCR)
If you are interested in collaborating with us when the need for DTP arrives, please feel free to apply with the following information so we can add you to our database:
- A cover letter detailing all relevant experience
- Your current time zone and the working hours & days you can cover
- Your price per page for the following:
1. European language formatting
2. Asian language formatting
3. Right-to-left language formatting
To ensure that the entire job post has been read, please include the word ‘Raspberry’ in the first line of your response.
Please respond directly to [HIDDEN]
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Capital Linguists LLC
Online via PayPal Payment terms:
30 days from the invoice date. Poster country
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Tech/Engineering, Social Sciences, Bus/Financial, Law/Patents, Science Preferred native language:
English Subject field:
General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters Preferred software:
SDL TRADOS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, memoQ, Microsoft Office Pro, MemSource Cloud, Plunet BusinessManager, Smartcat Quoting deadline: Feb 5, 2021 05:00 GMT Additional requirements:
Knowledge in field
Other robust credentials
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
ProZ.com Business member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5
out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Project Manager
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.