On this week’s episode of Globally Speaking, Renato Beninatto interviews Ellie Kemp, who heads crisis response at Translators without Borders.
- The challenge of finding qualified translators in Bwa and Ligenza, the two biggest languages in the stricken zone
- How to communicate with a largely illiterate population
- How to address local customs that contribute to contagion
- How a small group of translators can impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
- How you can help by supporting Translators without Borders
- How Translators without Borders continues to build awareness of the importance of language issues in international humanitarian programs