Shirts, shorts and shoes: fashion translation at a glance
In a few concise steps, learn how to meet the needs of the ever-growing fashion industry as multilingual websites and online shops expand their market share every day.
We all wear clothes, so fashion translation really is like any other marketing translation, you just translate what's there - that's what many of us think, clients, agencies and translators alike. This, however, is very often the first in a series of mistakes that lead to an unsatisfactory relationship between client and translator.
In this webinar you will learn what the fashion clients wish, how you can deliver that and what tools you will need in order to do so.
This is a very fast lived sector, you have to act quickly and wisely in order to deliver the client what he wants, when he wants it.
Time management is a big factor in this kind of translation - not because of the size of documents, rather because you need to give a quick turnover time for many different little things and the odd larger-scale one.
Make it sell: The more your client sells, the sooner he will come back to you for more. Make those products attractive! It's challenging to combine speed, accuracy and that special feel for fashion into one. But with a little preparation and the right tools at your hand you will be able to meet your clients expectations. You will learn how to apply to a job posting: what to send, how to send it and what to expect. Also you will learn to deal with the feedback from the client.
Whether you are already doing some translation in this sector or none at all, this course will boost your confidence as to how to approach things and help you get it right - the first time.
From a point of view of a regular fashion translator and that of an ex-PM, I will show you how to make more of your time and cut off your part of the cake.
- Freelance translators in the fashion industry
- Fashion translators with little or some experience
- Agencies working with clients in the fashion and textile industry looking for more suitable translators
With this course you can climb one step ahead and differentiate yourself from other translators in the fashion industry. Know your weapons, know how to attack.
Basic knowledge in translation, an interest in fashion and to get established as a translator in this field
Click to expand
- General: What is fashion translation and why is it so important?
- The clients: Who are my clients, what do they want and what do they expect?
- The translation/document: What do I get and not get from the client? How do I work with what I have?
- The setting: Where and what is my information? How do I prepare?
- The tools: How to make the most of an empty TM and why to use them.
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®) or newer
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
Rea Gutzwiller View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.