Charity event session: Tips for Managing Long-Term or High-Volume Projects as a Freelancer
Many freelance translators dream of a long-term and/or high volume project, but don’t know how to find that “golden egg”. Even if that golden egg is obtained, the freelance translator needs to know how to manage this type of work successfully. This webinar will provide key tips to assist freelance translators in securing long-term and high volume projects, as well as the methods for project management success. The following topics will be addressed:
1. Build Up Your Profile
2. Your Curriculum Vitae
3. Building a Potential Collaborators List
4. Managing Multiple and/or Large Files
5. The Negotiation Phase
6. The Power of Persistence
7. Talking to True Decision-Makers
The free webinar is a part of the Charity event webinars series, www.proz.com/translator-training/charity-event.
Make a donation using one of the buttons at the bottom of the Charity event page, then sign up for any or all of the webinars.
If you wish to donate an amount not presented as an option here, please contact the support team and they will assist you with this.
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: OS X 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
Note: if you have a credit to redeem please feel free to purchase this training with your credit by clicking on a "Purchase for $ (Use purchase credit)" button on your right as it is suggested on this screenshot. More information about training credits please find here.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Suzanne Deliscar View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training