Effective Email Communication with the Customer for a Translator
In one hour learn how to effectively communicate with the customer in any situation:
- when submitting a quote via ProZ
- sending your CV to a potential client
- accepting or rejecting a job offer
- sending an update on your skills and services
- and just keeping in touch with the customer.
Being a language professional you must understand that each email you write is a snapshot of your writing skills. Without well-written communication it is unlikely you will achieve success in the Translation Business upon the whole.
So, I will share with you the proven easy-to-use techniques which will bring you great results as soon as you start applying them in the communication with your new, current and old customers.
Freelancers starting in the translation industry
Experienced freelancers who want to expand their clients database
Outsources who want to get new end clients
After understanding and applying the principles of effective business communication you will:
- Know how to sound professional in any situation
- Always keep your old clients engaged
- Get a lot more positive responses from new clients
- Increase the number of new projects
- Create an image of a language professional able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Avoid common mistakes in online communication which undermine your credibility.
Click to expand
During the webinar we shall cover the following points:
- The staples of online communication with the customer which every Translator should know
- Why do Translators very often turn the clients off instead of turning them on? (common mistakes in email communication made by Translators)
- Business etiquette for Translators (style and tone of business emails which will bring you more translation projects)
- Crucial parts of a business letter (from the email subject line to the ending)
- Making a cover letter (learn how to get more projects from new customers)
- Sending updates (how to be in touch with the clients and keep them engaged).
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 20.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording and handouts provided by the trainer.
How do I purchase the video?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the video?
Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
How do I access handouts?
Follow the link on the top right corner as suggested here.
Where can I find a certificate of attendance?
A certificate of attendance can be issued upon training completion and as per your request. A certificate of attendance can be downloaded at http://www.proz.com/profile/?show_mode=standard#trainings
Anastasia Kozhukhova View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.