Comparison and analysis of CAT tools: Trados, Wordfast , Across, memoQ and Déjà vu.
Comparison and analysis of CAT tools:
The first video is an introduction to CAT tools and an overview and comparison of the five CAT tools: SDL Trados Studio 2009, Wordfast (Classic & Pro), Across, memoQ and Atril Déjà vu.
In the next five videos Dr. Keller demonstrates different capabilities for each CAT tool, using the same TM & source files.
Each recording is divided in two parts and covers the following topics for each product:
• PowerPoint presentation presenting the key data of the company.
• Screenshots showing the main modules of the software
• The PowerPoint presentation will be available for download.
Part 2: demonstration of the system
• The translation memory is prefilled with demo data (tmx file will be available for the participants)
• The terminology database is prefilled with a couple of entries
• Translation of a Word document as an example showing the key features of the translation
o Project creation/ import of the document / opening a document
o Definition of the language combination and integrating a TM and a terminology database for this specific language combination
o The translation environment and the translation process
o Finishing a translation
o Exporting the translation /creating the translation
Self-paced course conducted online via ProZ.com's e-learning platform, with instructor feedback in forums. All you need to participate is an Internet connection.
Course requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
• No CAT tool software purchase or installation is necessary.
• There are no requirements other than Internet connection to access the eLearning platform.
• Video tutorials require a current flash player. You can dowload it at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Registration and Payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
Upon payment you will receive an automatic email with access link and instructions to access the eLearning platform.
Upon completion of the training feel free to submit a support request reporting this. A certificate of attendance will be issued for you and it will become available from your home profile page.
Nicole Keller View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training