Localisation Project Management - “Make it clear, keep it simple, make it happen.”
Description and program
This is the first webinar in a series of six 75 minute instructor-led modules to give Localisation professionals an overview of a simple effective process for managing projects successfully. The webinar series is designed for people whose job it is to manage localisation projects so that schedule, quality and cost goals are achieved. The focus is on simple messages and techniques so that participants can improve their project management performance as soon as they return to the workplace.
What is it about?
The content of the first module is outlined below. The instructor will present each module in 45 – 60 minutes, illustrating the points with examples from his experience. Questions can be addressed during the module. At the end of each module a general Q&A will be held, lasting for 15 to 30 minutes.
Module 1. Mission
This module deals with the most important item – making a good start to a project by putting in the time to understand exactly what must be done. We will discuss how to do this in an efficient way, and the importance of ensuring that all participants in the project, including stakeholders, are aware of the project goals, and agree with them. The key topics covered are:
• What is to be done? When will it be finished?
• Who cares?
• How do they ask you? Examples of requests, good and bad
• How do you commit?
• Do you commit? What is “Best practice”?
• Examples of goal statements, and good and bad practices
• Lessons Learned*
*A feature of the workshop is the “Lesson Learned” section which summarises the key points and learnings at the end of each module.
What will I get out of it?
Participants will get an outline of a simple effective framework to help them manage projects more successfully.
The sessions are run in a highly interactive manner. Participants are encouraged to ask questions during the workshop. However not all questions can be dealt with fully in the time permitted, and sometimes participants only think of questions and issues after the event is over. Therefore, participants can email the instructor up to 12 months after the webinar date with questions and requests.
• A copy of the powerpoint slides will be provided to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• Participants will have free unlimited access to the session video recording.
• Certificates of attendance will be issued.
Sign up for the other webinars in this series:
Module 2. Process and Tools - August 12 2010 - Register now!
Module 3. Planning - August 19 2010 - Register now!
Module 4. Team - August 26 2010 - Register now!
Module 5. Communication - September 2 2010 - Register now!
Module 6. Project execution - September 9 2010 - Register now!
Register for the 6 sessions and save money!
Purchase access to the 6 webinars for 80 USD. Click here to take advantage of this offer.
Click to expand
For PC-based Organizers and Attendees
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)
• You need an Internet connection and a separate telephone, so that we can talk to you whilst presenting the training.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a telephone headset or hands-free speaker phone.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
• Please mute your phone during the training course to ensure that there is no background noise during the audio section.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Tom Connolly View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.