Diversification for Freelancers : More Money and New Skills
The course enables established and upcoming freelancers experiment and practice new diversifications strategies. Once artfully deployed, these strategies generate :
1. More money
2. More flexible work schedules
3. Variation in work
4. Learning new skills and making new connections
1. Established freelancers
2. Exploring the freelance arena from the periphery
3. Agency owners of small agencies who have already established supply chains for translation services but are unaware of the hidden value in the supply chains for other diversified products and services
5. Writers on freelancing, translation and translation industry
The course will have 2 modules with concepts in the first module and their practice and outcomes. The trainer would take cue from his own and other's actual experience in thinking out and implementing the strategies. The course intends to deliver
1. The need and opportunities of diversification for target audience
2. Transforming diversification into increased financial gain, flexible working schedule, honing one's unknown and unknowable (untill you practice) skills and inner potential.
3. Variety and multi-skilled work-life with balance
4. Few areas of diversification : content, cultural consulting, writing, language training, teaching, authoring and others, like cultural detective work.
5. Practical, do-able and already experimented strategies for diversification in the above areas and more.
1. Moderate to high level of exposure to freelancing, online business
2. Ownership of an intangible called curiosity, to do other things, to learn new skills
3. Interest to practice something outside one's existing workzones and desire to transform this into income and further augmentation of skills
4. Wish to learn new skills and be out of one's comfort zone
Click to expand
1. Why diversification?
2. How do I do this?
3. In which area?
4. Area specific examples and skills
5. Benefits, challenges and art of balance
Click to expand
For PC-based Organizers and Attendees
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers OR headset)
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: Speakers (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - you can communicate with the trainer with a headset.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
• Please mute your phone during the training course to ensure that there is no background noise during the audio section.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration & payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.