Create a website for your freelance translation business
Deciding to create a website for your professional freelance translation business is one of the best ways to maximize your business success. Most of our professional lives happen online and it is imperative that we have an online presence. However, as a home business owner, you probably don't have any expertise in website creation, nor the money to hire an expert. The good news is that this by no means that you can't have a professional, functional, and appealing website of your own at an affordable price.
In this session I will show you why you need a website for your translation business, how to create one for free or for a small amount of money, what content you should include and how to make it more visible online. I will also discuss some dos and don’ts in website creation and maintenance.
• Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
• Experienced freelancers who want to expand their clients database.
In this session I will show you why you need a website for your translation business, how to create one for free or for a small amount of money, what content you should include and how to make it more visible online. You do not need to know any HTML-programming to create one.
Topics covered during the presentation
Click to expand
1. Why do we need a website for our freelance translation business?
2. Free or low cost website hosting and templates
3. Website content
4. Do’s and don’t for a translation service website
5. Marketing your website
6. Integrating your website into the rest of your online presence and marketing
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Tess Whitty View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.