Free and inexpensive productivity tools - part 1
This webinar has already taken place. Click here to watch the recording: Free and inexpensive productivity tools - part 1
Learn how to increase your productivity with several free or very inexpensive software tools for Windows.
Based on his own experience, freelance translator Hynek Palatin will introduce 5 extremely useful tools that you can start using immediately to:
This session has been presented at the 7th ProZ.com Conference in Prague and this is what the attendees say:
"The presentation was useful, clear and I've learned a lot. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the new information."
- Gabriella H.
"I found the presentation very informative indeed."
"I enjoyed your presentation very much. ... I loved your tips for tweaking my translation workflow and I actually think it was the most practical session I attended."
"Your presentation was informative, well-structured and interesting."
- Jasmina D.
This is part 1 of a 2-part series. Click here for more information about Free and inexpensive productivity tools - part 2.
No software purchase is needed to participate in this session. Most of the software introduced in this presentation is free, and attendees will receive instructions on where to obtain and how to use it in their everyday work.
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and access
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.