European Translators: Adapt Your Marketing Materials to Target US-based Clients
If you are a translator living in Europe, many US based-agencies and clients would like to work with you. To directly target this market, you should adapt your various promotional items for the US audience so that they will be comfortable approaching you and feel that you will be an easy addition to their current team. We will talk about how to adapt your resume for US agencies, how to create a profile to send to potential end-clients and how to adapt your business cards for this market.
• Freelancers located outside the US who looking to broaden their client base to US-based clients (agency and direct)
• Freelancers who have English as one of their language pairs.
• Freelancers who are comfortable communicating in written English.
• Freelancers who already have promotional materials for potential clients but would like to adapt them specifically for the US market.
• Experienced freelancers who would like to expand their client base
• Freelancers starting in the translation industry who are looking for targeted marketing ideas.
Attendees will learn how to adapt their resume specifically for clients in the US market.
Attendees will learn how to create and adapt a business profile for end clients in the US market.
Attendees will learn how to create and adapt business cars for the US market.
Students will receive insight into American business culture so that they can adapt their approach to maximize success when interacting with American business professionals.
Attendees should speak and/or write English sufficiently to target US-based customers.
Attendees should have English as one of their language pairs to offer to US-based customers.
Click to expand
Adaptation of Promotional items:
• resume/CV (targeted for US-based agency clients)
• bio/profile (targeted for US-based end-clients)
• business cards (targeted for all US-based clients)
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Eve Lindemuth Bodeux View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.