Career planning for a freelancer: short, middle & long term
Unlike an employee, a freelancer needs to be the navigator and captain of the Freelancer-ship. The career planning for a freelancer is an internal and highly autonomus choice. However, in a changing and highly dynamic environment - for short term liquidity and long term solid growth, planning needs to be done stepwise and flexibly.
This presentation will provide attendees with practical advice, steps to take and real case studies.
Topics to be covered in the presentation
1. What is meant by career planning ?
2. Career planning - steps
3. Breaking up plans into goals - financial and non-financial
4. Risks in achieving the goals
5. Minimizing the risks
6. Conceptualizing a career Plan
7. Writing a plan and refining
1. Help you anticipate your near future with expectation and your long term future with confidence.
2. Increase efficiency as you have time bound and manageable goals to achieve.
3. How to port and deploy your cumulative experience.
4. Know what peers are saying and doing in this regard.
Click to expand
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course