Create a One Page Marketing Plan For Freelance Translators - Template
Writing a one page marketing plan can give you a guideline for your marketing efforts without the time commitment of preparing a full marketing plan. It can be prepared quickly and gives you a to-do list in addition to a general snapshot of your marketing situation. All examples are customized for the translation industry and after this session you will have your own marketing plan for 2011.
Critical elements of the one-page marketing plan:
• Vision, Mission and Goals: Before planning, you should know what your company does (mission), where you want it to be in the next three to five years (vision), and how you are going to get there (goals).
• SMART Goals: Goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely.
• Customer Segments or Personas. Who does your company serve? What are their needs, behaviors, desires, interests, preferences? What are the best ways to market to them? What trends affect them? What new needs do they have?
• Tactics. What worked last year? What did not work? What tactics will you implement next year? Do these tactics fit your budget? What are the alternatives?
• Timeline. When will you execute each marketing tactic and who will do the work?
• Results Tracking. What results do you expect from each tactic? How will you track them? How does each tactic tie back to your business goals?
• Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
• Experienced freelancers who want to expand their clients database.
A desire to create a to do list for your marketing efforts for next year and grow your freelance translation business.
Click to expand
• Presentation and description of the one page marketing plan template.
• Target Market – This is who you’re hoping to reach with your marketing message (including demographics, like age groups, ethnic groups, sex, location, etc.).
• Industry Trends – If your industry is experiencing widespread growth or decline, it might affect your marketing efforts, so you need to be aware of that and take note of it.
• Goal(s) – Choose specific and measurable goals that you hope to attain with your marketing efforts, and note them on your one page marketing plan.
• Strategies - Strategies very generally state how you plan to reach your goals. For example, if your goal is to increase listeners of your podcast by 10,000 in a year, an example strategy might be to invite well-known people in your industry to be guests on the show. Anything more specific would be considered a “tactic.”
• Yearly Marketing Budget - You need to estimate your yearly marketing budget, which will serve as a guideline when choosing your marketing tactics.
• Marketing Mix - The marketing mix is basically a breakdown of the 4 Ps of marketing.
• Top 3 Competitors – While you likely have many competitors, pick at least the top three competitors that you’ll need to position your products or services against in order to analyze them and form a comparison. By “top competitors” we’re talking about those that are most directly related to you; not necessarily the most well-known.
• Your Strengths – List your primary strengths as opposed to your top competitors.
• Your Weaknesses – List your primary weaknesses as opposed to your top competitors. Saying “I don’t have any weaknesses,” isn’t acceptable. Every entrepreneur has weaknesses in the competitive environment. You can’t overcome them if you don’t acknowledge them.
• Monthly Tactics – Here’s where you’ll choose very specific marketing tactics that fit within your strategies and your marketing budget. This one page marketing plan template lets you break them down monthly in order to ensure that your marketing efforts are continual, instead of using up the marketing budget on one or two tactics early on.
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration & payment information
Click to expand
Price: 25.00 USD
Once access purchased please follow this link to access the video: Create a One Page Marketing Plan For Freelance Translators - Template
Tess Whitty View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.