Fresh Freelancer Series 02: Value Added Translation: A reliable strategy in current situation
This webinar discusses a delicate but relevant issue for a new freelance translator : How to acquire clients in a situation when market sentiment is not upbeat. The webinar introduces the concept of Value Added Translation. Value Added Translation, loosely speaking is to make an offer mix so that the client cannot refuse.
1. How to add value to your translation ?
2. What do we mean by 'value' ?
2. How to communicate and convince a client that value is added ?
3. How to design and 'program' our translated product and service with a business-view rather than solely linguistic and a perishable product view ?
4. How to tell the story about value added translation ?
None as such but the Course entitled How does a Language Service Agency Work may provide a perspective to appreciate this one better for a Fresh Freelancer
Click to expand
The Course would be covered into 2 parts. First part would try to find out some key changes for a buyer while market sentiment is not upbeat. The second part tells what a client expects in these times from a translator. Although it is relatively tougher to acquire client in this time, but a client acquired at this time and retained is a huge value addition for a translator's portfolio.
Virtual platform system requirements (Click to expand)
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and access information (Click to expand)
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course