Social media marketing for translators: Do's and (mostly) Dont's
Social networks are all over the place today and businesses that understood their potential are widely using them as marketing and promotion tools. Translation companies are no expection. A growing number of them are present on social media.
The right question to ask yourself as freelance translators and thus entrepreneurs is not whether you should be onboard the social media train anymore. You should have figured that out for a while now, whether you're in or not, it was a choice. Or maybe you are still wondering whether you should - if that's your case, no worries, you can still catch the train!
No, the real question you should ask yourself if at this point you have decided to join the playground is how you should use these tools and what you expect from them. Or rather how you SHOULD NOT be using them and what you should not expect from them.
We'll cover the basics of the Do's and Dont's when using social networks as a marketing tool in this webinar, focusing on 3 main networks (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook). We'll also talk about Google+ .
This course is not aimed at getting you started with these tools. You will not learn there how to set up a profile on LinkedIn or how to create a page on Facebook. We'll talk about the traps and the reality of them.
Still unsure what I'm talking about? Well, here's just an example
- DON'T think you'll get clients through Facebook or Twitter
- DO lower your expectations - BE aware of what these tools can really do for you. And what they can't.
This course is aimed at freelancers, whether new or seasoned, who already have the basic knowledge of LinkedIn and Facebook, and of Twitter to some extent and who:
- are already using social networks as part of their marketing strategy but do not have the results expected, or
- want to make social media part of their marketing strategy, but have not really started yet
- are wondering whether "it" really works
In this webinar you will learn:
- what social networks really can and can't do for you
- about the typical traps and the paradox of social media networking
- what the reality behind a social media strategy is
- what a constructive (and realistic) social media marketing strategy is
Virtual platform system requirements (click here to expand)
Click to expand
For PC-based users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
• Required: Internet connection, with cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Recommended: Dual core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2 GB of RAM
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information (click here to expand)
Click to expand
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Anne Diamantidis View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.