IT Security for Translators - General Track
The on-demand session from the bundle can be purchased individually, but if you wish to participate in all sessions from the series you can purchase two sessions as a complete package at the special price: 24 USD:
This course is about IT Security and Cloud Computing; identifying the risks, leveraging the opportunities while protecting your data against all the potential and real threats, including legal issues, data leaks, brand image management, social marketing issues in terms of security, and other security aspects of your online business. This training will address general issues and is a good introduction to the topic. After this course, attendants will be able to understand use IT principles at work from day one. They’ll be able to set up a Disaster Recovery Plan, amongst other things.
- Anyone using the Internet from a PC, a Mac or any mobile device.
- People who would like to understand the threats and the opportunities behind IT Security Issues.
- Anyone who would like to learn more about Cloud Computing.
- Anyone who needs an introduction to IT Security in a practical way.
The topic covered here is: Mobile devices and new ways of working using free/pay-as-you-go services on the Cloud. After a short introduction into the evolutions in the language industry over the last 30 years, I’ll cover new devices and new ways of working in the 21st century. I’ll review the challenges and opportunities of working in the cloud while on the go for us as translators. I’ll give examples of risks and opportunities for LSPs and Freelancers alike. Finally, I’ll give you tips on how to improve your security when using mobile devices on the go and also for working in the cloud from your (home) office, or from anywhere else. Finally, I’ll cover different scenarios for the future of collaborative work for translators... The Q/A session will be of utmost importance because this is when you can explain your difficulties and we will find solutions for you together. Finally, we will set up an action plan for your business in terms of security, a list of recommendations, as well as a disaster recovery plan... Any IT Security topic you would like to study will be covered, just ask. This is a hands on course and attendants will be able to understand use IT principles at work from day one.
Basic computing skills.
Click to expand
During this session, we will study the increasing convergence between applications for PC/mobile devices and the consequences in terms of risks, but also in terms of opportunities to leverage for freelancers and translation agencies alike. The issues pertaining to IT security have implications for the confidential data from your projects/clients. We will also deal with security breaches & data leaks : how to detect them, how to solve the issues.
After this session, attendees shall be able to:
- Understand and implement the basic principles of IT Security useful to make their daily working environment safer and protect the confidentiality of sensitive projects and clients data, but also the data pertaining to the translation company in which they operate,
- Detect problems in their professional IT (PC/networks, storage devices and/or mobile tabs/phones, etc.) and to list them before being able to make the necessary decisions to stop the threats and protect their translation business from data leak,
- Leverage the great opportunities that convergence is offering without putting their businesses at risk.
- Make sure their IT security is really safe to avoid a professional disaster.
Software and system requirements (click to expand)
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information (click to expand)
Click to expand
Price: 15.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video? Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here.
Anne-Charlotte PERRIGAUD View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training