T11-Terminology for Medicine&Healthcare-Level 2
This 90 minute session covers hundreds of terms at an intermediate --nurse level-- as used in medical encounters and medical documents in relation to the human body and associated components, conditions, illnesses and disease, and processes in a science-based manner. It describes terms used in the medical and nursing fields as well as the healthcare system in general, presenting a systematic approach to word building and term comprehension.
This is a fast-pace, intense, session with an upbeat and lively mood, that requires full engagement on the part of the participant in terms of ACTIVE listening, individual thinking and processing of information, as well as hands-on note-taking and interactive activities. HANDS-ON exercises will also be suggested to be completed AFTER the session.
This is one more session that forms part of the bundles focusing on the progressive acquisition of skills in terminology used in healthcare and medicine, legal settings and finance and business, and tips on how to build better glossaries.
- Define, describe, and identify intermediate-level terminology generally used in healthcare and medicine
- Discover and recognize listings of terminology used in complex medical encounters
- Evaluate study material and resources to improve vocabulary
Sufficient command of English to understand the session.
Preferably, to have taken the T06-Elementary Terminology in Healthcare & Medicine
Preferably, some experience in the field of healthcare/medical translation or interpreting
Click to expand
Introduction and explanation of approximately 400 terms used in medicine and healthcare.
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Claudia Brauer View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course