T17-Chasing Terms Online
In 90 minutes, you will learn some of the basic tricks of term research online in the 21st Century:
Here is some feedback from others on this course's trainer:
* where to find the meaning of terms;
* how to combine words and phrases to retrieve information that is valuable to your search;
* where and how to search the internet;
* how to bookmark and create your lists of favorite FREE sites for easy search in the future.
Topics include Web search operations, online glossaries, databases and other freebies, reliable resources, how to find the strongest source and bookmarking for future use.
"Humour and passion are the keywords to Claudia's ability to keep one fixed to the screen for 90 minutes. "
"Well designed and interesting course. Also the handouts and the vast materials sent after the webinar are very interesting and complete. As usual Claudia shows full committment to the subjects and to the attendees. Very serious and professional."
More feedback entries can be found here >>
- Identify and compare internet search operations that translators and interpreters may use to facilitate their work
- Discover and learn to apply bookmarks
- Learn to create and categorize favorite internet glossaries and resources
- Learn to organize multiple venues to confirm meaning and context
Sufficient command of English to understand the session.
PREPARATION materials will be shared BEFORE each session, and HANDS-ON exercises will be suggested to be completed AFTER each session. The student is expected to be fully engaged in the session with ACTIVE listening, individual thinking and processing of information, as well as hands-on note-taking and interactive activities. This is a fast-pace session with an upbeat and lively mood, that requires full engagement on the part of the participant.
Web search operations
Databases and other free resources
Finding the strongest source
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and access information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Claudia Brauer View feedback | View all courses
|Bio: Claudia became a trainer of translators and interpreters in 2011, after 35 years of experience as a translator and interpreter. She is also a speaker, writer and blogger on topics related to the current state of the translation and interpreting industry.|
She has designed and delivered more than 200 hours of proprietary content and uses her wikis to freely disseminated some 25 copyrighted tools designed to help translators and interpreters in the 21st century virtual village.
The vision of BrauerTraining is to educate translators and interpreters, so they may become great quality professionals with a high code of ethics, embracing technology to remain competitive in today's world.
Claudia can be found on the web at http://brauertraining.com and on Twitter as @Brauer21Century.
Comments about this course
Do you have any questions about ProZ.com training?
Feedback on this course (8)