Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Chinese: QUALITY REQUIREMENTS FOR LAMP General field: Tech/Engineering Detailed field: Electronics / Elect Eng
Source text - English Before starting any production you must have been able to prove us that the selected items are in compliance with the following quality requirements.
ELECTRICAL SAFETY : Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EEC (former 73/23/EEC)
All lamps must comply with European standards EN 60598-1. Depending on what kind of lamp it is it must comply also with a specific standard like :
- EN 60598-2-1 for fixed general purpose lamps
- EN 60598-2-4 for indoor portable general purpose lamps.
- EN 60598-2-10 for portable lamps for children
- EN 60598-2-6 for lamps with built-in transformers for filament lamps
- EN 60598-2-7 for portable lamps for garden use
- EN 60598-2-23 for extra low-voltage lighting systems for filament lamps
If the lamp is power supplied by a transformer, the transformer must comply with EN 61558-2-6.
IMPORTANT : EVEN IF A LAMP IS POWER SUPPLIED BY A TRANSFORMER IT MUST COMPLY WITH THE APPLICABLE VERSION OF EN 60598 STANDARD.
If the light intensity is controlled by an electronic device then the controller must comply must EN 61347-1.
You will find in ANNEX 1 some pictures of examples for different types of lamps.
You must provide us within 2 weeks after receiving the official demand the conformity certificates and complete test reports according to the standards mentioned above. Those documents must be less than 2 years old and must be based on the latest version of the standard. It also must have been issued by a European notified body or one of its Asian laboratories.
Short list of European Notified Bodies: LCIE, LNE, EMITECH, POURQUERY, TUV, VDE, KEMA, NEMKO, SEMKO
Components used for manufacturing lamps
All the components (e.g. : lamp holder, wire, switch, capacitor, plug…) used must be conform to its own standards. To check this point there is two possibilities:
- using certified components bearing a conformity mark like VDE, NF, CEBEC, GS…
- using certified component without conformity mark. In that case you must be able to provide the test report of the component to the laboratory in charge of our tests
You will find in the ANNEX II some example of certified components.
If you are not able to provide the required documents we will have to perform the test before starting any production. It may leads to negotiation on “who will pay the charge?”.
Translation - Chinese 在开始任何生产之前，您必须能向我们证明，所选的项目符合下列质量要求的规定。
电力安全 : 低压规章 2006/95/EEC (过去为 73/23/EEC)
- EN 60598-2-1 适用于 固定的一般用途灯具
- EN 60598-2-4 适用于 室内便携的一般用途灯具
- EN 60598-2-10 适用于 儿童便携的灯具
- EN 60598-2-6 适用于带有内置适合白炽灯的变压器的灯具
- EN 60598-2-7 适用于 花园用的便携灯具
- EN 60598-2-23 适用于超低压的白炽灯的灯具照明系统