Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Mairo Cavalheiro Vergara
English to Brazilian Portuguese Translator
Telephone: +55 43 3037-2131
I am an English to Portuguese translator offering high quality translation/localization services mainly in the fields of IT, videogames, and technical translation such as automotive, engineering, electronics, mechanics, etc. I also work on other areas such as economics, business, law, education, medical, etc. I have a university degree in languages and I have been working as a full time professional translator for 4 years, including 6 months of experience as an in-house translator and glossary developer in a global scale project.
Dec/2010 until now – Freelance English to Portuguese Translator
Important projects I worked on:
• Translation of Foundations of IBM Cloud Computing Architecture Training and Samples
• Translation of automotive manuals from GM
• Translation of the VerySign website
• Translation of software and help files from AutoDesk Software
• Translation of the official rules from the Harry Potter the Quest Contest
• Translation/Localization of the videogame Mortal Kombat 9 for Xbox 360 and PS3
• Translation/Localization of the a global scale MMORPG
• Translation of articles from IBM developerWorks website
• Translation of several TV e Tablet manuals from Coby
• Translation of game descriptions for MyPLayCity.com
Jun/2010 until Dec/2010 – In-house translator for Alpha CRC, working exclusively on the localization of the a global scale MMORPG as a translator and glossary developer.
Oct/2009 until Jun/2010 – Freelance Translator
Feb/2009 until Aug/2009 – English Teacher at CNA Londrina
Aug/2006 until Jan/2007 – English and Portuguese Language Tutor at the Language Learning Center in Nago, Okinawa, Japan.
Degree in English and Portuguese Language and Literature
State University of Londrina, Brazil
2007 – Lecture on Grammar, Textual Genres, and Education by Professor Luiz Carlos Travaglia
2006 – Student Exchange Program at Meio University, Okinawa, Japan
• Portuguese: Native language
• English: Fluent reading/writing/speaking/listening
• Spanish: Reading only
• Japanese: Basic/Intermediate reading/writing/speaking/listening