Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Japanese to English: Hybrid Cars General field: Marketing Detailed field: Marketing / Market Research
Source text - Japanese 従来ハイブリッド車に消極的であった欧米メーカーの参入意向も増えてきたが、量産技術、販売実績からリーダーの右に出る存在になるには相当の時間を要すると考える。
Translation - English An increasing number of European and US manufacturers, who were once hesitant to pursue conventional hybrid cars, now have intentions to enter this market. However, it will take a considerable amount of time for them to equal the leaders who currently have the mass production technology and good sales performance.
Japanese to English: Resource Provisioning General field: Bus/Financial Detailed field: Human Resources
1.Project Name: IT Asset Management Database Design and Construction Project Resource Provisioning
July 1, 2010
September 30, 2010
Asset information of all managed IT assets shall be consolidated and an IT Asset Management Database shall be built.
(1)IT Asset Management Database Construction
Design and Construct an IT Asset Management Database
Collect and Integrate IT asset information
(2)Inventory data process design and reflection of inventory data in the IT Asset Management Database
Define the Inventory Process (BDNA & Onsite Survey)
Define roles and responsibilities for the Inventory Process
Update IT Asset Management Database (quarterly)
(3)Devices/Items to be managed
PC, server, printer, network, mainframe, software license
In order to accomplish the tasks indicated in [3. Project Summary] we shall appoint a consultant to execute the following tasks and a resource personnel to create the documentation.
Gather and define requirements with each IT Asset Manager
Create an agreement on the data items that should be managed in the Asset Management Database
Design the Inventory Process
Submit the system requirements to the database construction team
Perform project progress management and reporting
Document various process definitions, item definitions, etc.
Appendix 1 – Terms of Work
1. Working Days: Every day except weekends and holidays (Sunday, Saturday, New Year’s Holiday, national holidays declared by the State, Monday following a holiday that falls on a Sunday, 4th of May, special holidays, and other holidays deemed important by the Client.
2. Working Hours : 09:00 to 17:00
3. Lunch Break : 12:00 to 13:00
4. Overtime Work: Depending on the circumstance, if it becomes necessary to work overtime, the Client may make the personnel work for a number of hours stipulated in Appendix 2 which is the range mandated by the Labor Standards Law. (However, if the Agency follows Article 36 of the Labor Standards Law, the overtime hours the Agency sets shall apply.)
5. Health and Safety: (1) Health and safety shall be based on regulations set by the Client for each respective work location.
Moreover, the Client shall make this clear to the personnel during acceptance.
: (2) If the personnel suffer a work-related accident, the Client shall immediately notify the Agency coordinator and send them copies of the injury/casualty report.
6. Service Discipline: Service discipline shall be based on regulations set by the Client for each respective work location.Moreover, the Client shall make this clear to the personnel during acceptance.
7. Welfare Program: Regarding the use of the Client’s medical facilities, as well as welfare facilities, such as dining areas, the personnel may use the said facilities in accordance to the regulations implemented at each work location.
8 . Handling Grievances: (1) Either the Agency coordinator or the Client-side coordinator shall handle grievances reporting.
: (2) If a grievance was filed by the personnel, the coordinator who received such a report shall immediately contact his/her counterpart at the other end (as previously described). Both coordinators must work closely with each other and perform the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
: (3) For minor grievances, in which details are not very important, and that either the Agency or the Client is able to solve by itself, the coordinator who received such grievance and applied a solution shall notify his or her counterpart at the other end about the end results.
: (4) Regarding (2) and (3), the results of grievance processing must be relayed to the personnel who lodged the grievance.
: (5) The coordinator who receives and processes the grievance must always record and document the activities that were undertaken.
Years of experience: 15. Registered at ProZ.com: May 2009.
* BS Degree in Computer Science.
* Honyaku Kentei (Business & Technical Translation Examination) passer (Category: Japanese to English translation. The test is conducted by the Japan Translation Federation (JTF)).
* ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate Holder
* 6 years experience as an in-house translator for the largest ICT services company in Japan.
* 8 years experience as a bilingual support personnel (testing, translation) in software development projects for a global IT services company (Fujitsu).
* 1 year experience in IT help desk support assisting native Japanese users in desktop management and troubleshooting.
* Experience in support for project management from the department level to the company level. (profit & loss management, cost management, process/tools development)
* Knowledgeable in open source software development and web development frameworks.