Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a native British English speaker with proven fluency in French and Italian. Currently resident in Stockport, United Kingdom, I have spent a total of 6 years living and working in France and over 7 years in Italy. Some cities I have lived in:
Paris, France (feels like my second home) Rome, Italy (working for consumer goods giant Procter&Gamble) Lille, France (taught English and lectured in British Civilisation at Université Lille 3) Siena, Italy (my first experience living abroad, aged 19) Marseille, France (World Cup France 1998; my first professional translation was commissioned) Leeds, UK (my university days) Manchester, UK (postgraduate studies) Modena, Italy (my home until very recently; my children were born here)
... to name but a few!
I have been providing high-quality FR>EN and IT>EN translations full time since 2008 and work for numerous agencies in both France and Italy. My clients appreciate my accuracy, timeliness and fine turn of phrase in English as well as my expertise in my specialist fields and dedication to researching the perfect translation for even the most technical of terms.
• 10 years' full-time experience as a freelance translator
• Official translator for Datawords (http://datawords.com) for one of their major clients, a household name in French fashion
Via a variety of agencies, I work with major names in French and Italian couture and accessories, French jewellery and Swiss watches (but will not reveal their names as I respect client confidentiality!)
• Native speaker of British English
• Excellent command of my mother tongue, supported by over 7 years' experience teaching English in French universities (Université Lille 3; Université de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines) and in various language schools where I worked as a Director of Studies and designed specialist courses.
• Qualified linguist: degree in French and Italian Language and Literature
• Over 12 years spent living and working in the countries where my languages are spoken
• Degree in French (major) and Italian (minor), Upper Second Class, Distinction in Spoken French (University of Leeds, UK)
• Postgraduate Certificate in International Business with Foreign Languages, Grade A (Manchester Business School, UK)
• Trinity TESOL certificate, Grade A in every section of the course (Oxford House, UK)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.