I was born in the Netherlands. I attended an English elementary school in South America, so I was fortunate to learn English and some Spanish at an early age. Then I moved back to the Netherlands where I completed high school and two years of university. I am fluently bilingual but after more than 50 years of living, studying, and working in Canada, I prefer translating into English.
My specializations include academic translation, legal translation (mainly family law, and contracts), healthcare (medical trials), and social sciences. If the text you need is outside my areas of expertise, I will do my best to refer you to a qualified colleague.
Examples of Past Translation projects:
- Art articles and websites (see for example: https://sites.google.com/site/bertkeller/home
- Business reports and correspondence
- Collective bargaining agreements, employment contracts
- Immigration and asylum applications (personal documents, interviews, court rulings, appeals)
- Legal documents (court proceedings/rulings, wills, contracts, real estate)
- Medical and health-care publications
- Medical clinical trials (ethics approvals, research protocols, patient information and consent forms)
- Edited dissertations, journal articles, and course materials in the fields of education, medicine, nursing, psychology, and sociology.
- M.Sc. (U of Guelph, Canada), Family Studies/Gerontology
- B.A. (U of Calgary, Canada), Psychology
- Gymnasium alpha (The Netherlands) (concentration classical and modern languages)
- Managing Editor, Canadian Medical Education Journal (http://www.cmej.ca
- Accreditation coordinator / International coordinator, Postgraduate Medical Education, University of Calgary
- Program evaluation consultant for social service agencies
Feel free to contact me for a timeline and cost estimate (rates may vary depending on type of document).