Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Chinese: Citrix Introduces New Server-Based Computing Detailed field: Computers: Systems, Networks
Source text - English Citrix Introduces New Server-Based Computing
Products for Resource and Installation Management
New Systems Management Products Simplify Application Installation,
Capacity Planning, System Monitoring and Audit Trails
Citrix Systems, Inc. has introduced two new server-based computing products, Citrix Resource Management Services and Citrix Installation Management Services, as part of its growing family of end-to-end server-based computing solutions designed to simplify the installation, deployment, management and end-user access of business-critical applications across the enterprise.
Used in conjunction with Citrix WinFrame, MetaFrame and Microsoft Window. NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition, Citrix’s new systems management products offer enhanced server farm application installation, capacity planning, system monitoring and application audit trails.
Citrix Resource Management Services provides full-feature management tools for anayzing and tuning Citrix MetaFrame, WinFrame and Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition to keep these server environments performing at optimum levels through real-time monitoring and management of application, system and user resources.
Citrix Installation Management Services works with MetaFrame and WindFrame server software, enabling IT professionals to install an application just once on a single server, then automatically distribute and install that application across tens to hundreds of Citrix MetaFrame and WinFrame servers located across the globe—all from a single point. Citrix Installation Management Services will begin shipping in Q2, 1999.
“Managing the lifecycle of business applications is a never-ending process that includes initial deployment and global installation, application updates, user configuration, help desk support, licensing compliance, application and data security, performance tuning, capacity planning, and system management,” said Nabeel Youakim, managing director for Citrix Asia Pacific.
“Citrix’s vision is to deliver an entire end-to-end system architecture for managing application lifecycles by giving IT professionals a complete arsenal of feature-rich, server-based computing systems management tools, like Installation Management Services and Resource Management Services, to optimize system resources, monitor system health, install and replicate applications across the enterprise, and optimize bandwidth.”
Translation - Chinese Citrix推出應用於資源及安裝管理的伺服器電腦產品
English to Chinese: Repair of Aluminum Panels Detailed field: Mechanics / Mech Engineering
Source text - English REPAIR OF ALUMINUM PANELS
(1) Cutting out the damaged area around the hole repairs cracks or holes in the aluminum sheet, top, side or rear panels. Cracks require no removal of material from the damaged area, but should be stop-drilled using a .25-inch (6mm) diameter drill.
(2) Aluminum panel patches should be of at least the same thickness as the original panel; use 6061-T6, 5052-H34 aluminum sheet or better material.
(3) With a hammer and bucking tool, remove dents and creases around the damaged area to return the panel to its original shape, as much as possible.
(4) Cut the patch to extend a minimum of one-inch (25mm) all around the damaged area. Clean and file the edges smooth on both the panel and the patch.
(5) Fit the patch over the damaged area. If the damaged part is a front, side or rear panel, apply the patch to the inside surface. If a roof panel is damaged, apply the patch to the top surface. For roof panel, apply vinyl foam tape or suitable sealant around the perimeter of the patch to seal the repaired area. Sealant is also recommended for side, rear panel patch.
(6) Match drill the patch and the panel. (Ref. Fig14-1)-The holes should be drilled one inch on centers with a patch edge distance of 1-1/2 times the diameter of the rivet, or not less than 1/2 inch (13mm).
(7) Install the patch using 3/16-inch(4.7mm)diameter alloy rivets, such as AAPQ-62, AD-64-SB or equivalent as required.
(8) Wipe off any excess sealant to leave a continuous bead around the patch.
這裡的人喜歡扮古扮怪，不少妙齡少女從東京附近的城鄉夾道而來，每個週末都聚集在原宿的神宮橋。她們都愛以歌德式裝扮示人，有些穿起SM裝束，有的模仿同性戀者，有的披著薄綢，有的塗上藍色口紅，還有模仿誇張的卡通人物。這批青年人聚集一起，都為目睹日本一些偶像派樂隊（例如L’Arc En Ciel、Zard）的丰采，為了在疏離的社會中尋回一點一滴的自尊。很多被稱為 ‘ijime-ko’（受欺負的人）的少女，在學校被欺侮後，就在短暫的週末內，釋放及表達自己，尋回自我。
Built in the serious and refined style, Beijing Police museum is a classical western building which is rather valuable in art aesthetics and cultural relics study. Being one beautiful scene of Beijing Police Museum which locates at 36, Eastern Jiao Min alley in Beijing, it can be declared to be a rare artistic architecture.
The museum is planned and built by the public security bureau of Beijing municipality, and categorized as an occupational museum. Its display style is the combination of the chronicle and significant feature. The museum totally illustrates the difficulties and hardships of the public security, their considerable contribution and brilliant achievements since the reform and opening. The public security has assured Capital’s stability and the People’s safety, combated the law-breaking and criminal acts, and stood on law’s dignity.
The exhibition center, the area of which is nearly 2000 sq. metre, now has more than 7000 collections (The police-related collections’ history extends from Ming Dynasty into now.) and displays more than 1500 collections (It is the first time for most collections come to the public.) Attached with pictures, texts and models, the material objects are the main displays in the center. The center has also employed advanced vocal, optical and electrical techniques to incorporate completely the traditional display means with the highly technological one to bring out the modern sense of museum and the nationwide characteristic of the Capital public security itself. Meanwhile, some specific items, like the stimulated driving, the emulated shot training system, the traffic real-time display and the fire-escape training, are held. The visitors can get involved into these items which combine education with pleasure.
There are four exhibition rooms: 1. For Beijing public security history. It reproduces the brilliant history of how the police safeguard the Party Central Committee and the Capital throughout the years. 2. For the criminal investigation and guarding. With the steady development of the criminal investigation and guarding organization since 50 years, the public security organization has obviously enhanced their techniques to combat the various kinds of criminal and law-breaking acts, and increased their management level. They have contributed considerably to safeguard the life and property of the people and stabilize the society long-term. 3. For the type and function of Police. Its titles are “The type and function of Police”, “Serve the People” and “Martyrs recalling”. 4. For Police arms and equipment. It exhibits gun, clothes, the robust technology police, the police profession exchange, the public security culture, etc.
The Beijing Police Museum thoroughly reports the job of the Capital public security, shortens the distance between the Police and the citizen, and even educates the youth to law and patriotism.
Translation - English The cultural leaders do solid work and do not mince words; they do not like to say the nonsense words. Clore cultural leadership forum will absolutely not produce academic discussion without action; they do not make people indulged into loud and empty talk with abstract concept. The forum is a platform that generates some workable, practical measures and physical steps to cultivate the creativity leaders and motivate the development of our community. In 2008 policy address, Mr. Donald Tsang, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, has projected his vision of the cultural policy of Hong Kong. He suggested specifically actualizing the idea of developing the West Kowloon cultural region and making it to be the world-class cultural and arts infrastructure in Hong Kong. The objective of his policy was as follows:
1. Provide further support for the creative industries;
2. Improve the cultural software with the cultural activities provided by the community;
3. Encourage the performance of the arts groups in every district of Hong Kong;
4. Support the arts creation and the oversea exchange to make the extensive base of audience;
5. Provide extra support to the small-and-medium-sized performing organization and subsidize them to employ the venue not managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department
The participants of the Clore cultural leadership’s forum had the same objective and mind with the government. They believed that the following solutions should be employed if Hong Kong should outperform the other areas of the pacific-Asia region in the cultural industry and the cultural leaderships training.
1. Tie up the west Kowloon cultural region with the art/cultural development
They should keep receiving the good recommendations and take the west-Kowloon cultural region as a proof of motivating the development of local cultural industry and as an example of the way of integrating art into the daily life of the public.
Until now, various sectors had provided the following recommendations:
- Propel the co-operation between the arts groups and the different sectors of
- the society;
- Improve the cultural communication inside the West-Kowloon cultural region;
- Make the local HK resident understand and be proud of the fact that the
- West-Kowloon cultural region belongs to them;
- Give the rein to the potential of the cultural region that can enhance the living
- standard of the children in Hong Kong.
2. Probe into the co-operation plan and the partnerships between different industries deeply
They should keep studying the way of making the specific objective and the operation step, and making the effort for the stage of multi-dimensional partnerships for the following needs, including training the audience (such as co-operating with the district council, introducing the local artist to the foreign countries); arts education (Exploring the coming audience, cultivating the appreciation ability of the audience with the art and performance and exploring the function of the art to the creativity); the encouragement of the arts (such as producing the TV program which specifically promote the culture and art and encouraging the activities of amateur and local culture); fundraising (such as utilizing the public funded organization to match the funds), research (such as commissioning the organization to do the census of the arts audience and the arts consuming model, probing the way of utilizing ticking information counter to reinforce the customer relationships).
3. Carry out vigorously the education, training and the development of the human resources
They should carry out various training course and serve the participants of the various sectors of the arts industry. Those participants range from the volunteers, fresh graduates of the art faculty to the arts administrator with the aloof position. The training method that can help develop the career and grasp the best first-hand practice of the industry includes local internships, oversea internships/learning tour, apprenticeships, the exchange program of the forum and staff.
4. Promote comprehensively the function of Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts has the unique position; it can support the artist in the following ways:
Establish the communication network for the administrator to let the counterparts to exchange the experience with each other and master the best inter-regional and interdisciplinary methods;
Flight for the interest of the artist with the government and large art groups, carry out the related research and education plan;
Encourage and urge the funded organizations with the partners to distribute the resources for the arts groups, excellent teaching staff and the person who needs the sustainable education.
Graduate diploma - Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2009. Became a member: Dec 2014.
Stay up to date on what is happening in the language industry
Help or teach others with what I have learned over the years
Transition from freelancer to agency owner
Improve my productivity
After employed as a technical writer in a manufacturing, I have worked as a translator in a media. My responsibility is mainly translate financial news from Chinese to English. I also had the experience of translating the manual from English to Chinese in a manufacturing company.
With more than two years' professional training in bilingual writing in HK Baptist University, I am well-versed in written Chinese and English. Having finished a postgraduate course of translation in HK polytechnic University, I have deep knowledge of translation.