Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, DejaVu, Fusion, IBM CAT tool, memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, SAP CAT tool, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast
CV available upon request
Graduate of Technical University, Brno - mechanical engineering, economy and management
Translator of technical and contract documentations, manuals, drawings, working practices, SW and web localization, SAP environment, banking, finance, economy
25 years of working experiences (including university studies and military service) in various employee positions
- 9 years in engineering company - steelworker, technologist, programmer and systems analyst
- 10 years in a finance institutions (banks and insurance c.) - credits, foreign payments, methodologist, mortgages, sales manager
- 2 years in IT company - SW and documentation localization, team management, euro projects
I started with translations within my occupation in 1993 (especially materials about mortgage loans, credits securing), my secondary job was it since 1996. I have been translating as a freelancer since 1998. My translating pairs are English to Czech and German to Czech.
A brief list of my translation projects:
- translations on large localization projects of SAP software - modules: finance, controlling, accounting, logistic, human resources, treasury, real estate, .. (FI, CO, AC, LO, HR, TR, RE, ..) - over 1 mil words, mainly from German to Czech
- translations on localization projects of MAXIMO, ARIS, Infor Xpert, ... over 1 mil words - from English to Czech
- translations of technical and contract documentation for a toll system
- translating of working drawings - 5000 pcs - from Czech to English
- translating user manuals
- training materials for retail personnel (fashion, sport outlet), vehicle service
- web presentations
- PowerPoint presentations
- business letters and others
I am experienced user of CAT tools (SDL Studio (2015), Trados 2007, MemoQ, HyperHub, ..); my daily productivity depends (2000-4000 w/d).
More details about my background you can find in my CV.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.