My name is Lena Holmlund and I am a professionally-trained translator with an MA, Master of Arts Degree, in Translation from Stockholm University. Since 2008 my one-woman-company provides high quality translation and proofreading services.
I translate from English and Spanish into Swedish, my native tongue, and I am a member of The Swedish Association of Professional Translators (SFÖ). I work with various kinds of texts and documents for many types of organizations and corporations, and the majority of my clients are based in Sweden, England and Spain.
I have been working as an in-house translator and, for the past couple of years, as a self-employed freelance translator and proof-reader. I have thus gained valuable professional experience in a variety of subjects including marketing and advertising, product information, educational material, software, the EU, legal/authority/public sector documents, tourism and cookbooks.
Some of the projects I’ve been assigned over the last few months:
• Translation (eng-swe): Petition to Stockholm District Court
• Translation (eng-swe): Art students´ project descriptions
• Proof-reading of Swedish university essay on human rights
• Translation (spa-swe): Spanish police report
• Translation (eng-swe): Questions from EU parliamentarians to the Commission and the Council
• Translation (spa-swe): University student’s essay on language acquisition
• Proof-reading of economic text translated from Spanish into Swedish
• Translation (eng-swe): Code of Conduct for American company
• Translation (eng-swe): Report to Skolinspektionen on offensive behaviour
• Proof-reading of Marketing survey translated from English into Swedish
• Translation (eng-swe): Police interrogation
• Translation (eng-swe): University transcript of grades
Among my strong qualities as a Swedish translator are a well-developed linguistic instinct, accuracy, punctuality and cooperative work style. I am often complemented on my sensitivity when it comes to the Swedish language and on my passion for providing the "perfect" translation.
I’d be happy to provide you with my CV and references.
I look forward to hearing from you!