Jabar AL Shuwaili
• Post Graduate Diploma in Media & Journalism, St. Clements University 2006 (prerequisite to the Master Degree)
• Master of Media and Journalism, St. Clements University, 2007
• Bachelor of Arts, College of Arts - Translation Department (English-Arabic-English),
, Baghdad, Iraq, 1984.
Freelance translator& writer
Senior Training Specialist, Global Linguist Solutions- CLS
From Dec. 2009 to June 2010.
Senior Language Testing Specialist, Global Linguist Solutions- CLS
From August 2009 to Dec. 2009
Internal Communication Manager, Global Linguist Solutions- CLS
From April 2008 to present
• Provide support for consultation and feedback within GLS.
• Manage and deliver the GLS internal communication strategy to Arabic/English linguists operating in Iraq.
• Write articles for GLS Newsletter.
• Provide high quality translation. .
• Develop, recommend, and demonstrate effective methods and techniques to improve the
English/Arabic program for linguists in Iraq
• Build effective relationships and work closely with relevant departments to secure the effective delivery and co-ordination of the above functions.
Senior Media Relations Officer, Public Affairs Office, PCO/GRD, Baghdad, Iraq
February 2005 to March 2008
• Responsible as a culture advisor , a translator and first point of contact for the GRD and Iraqi and Arab media
• Handles both media requests from both Eastern and Western sources.
• Manages public information and media relations with the Iraqi and Arabic media markets; plans, advises, coordinates broadcast and print interviews, and releases information.
• Initiate and coordinate content, responsiveness and accuracy of external communication in print, broadcast and internal formats to Iraqi and Arab communities. .
• Write articles, responds to inquiries from Iraqi and Arabic media, and acts as a spokesman for the organization.
Arabic-English Translator, Sama Office for Translation, Baghdad, Iraq
September 2004 to January 2005
I translated a variety of documents on technical, business, political, economic, and legal topics.
Assistant Correspondent, Yomiuri Shim bun (Japanese newspaper), Baghdad, Iraq
January 2004 to April 2004
I worked as assistant correspondent and interpreter/translator for the Japanese newspaper Yomiuri Shim bun in its Baghdad branch office. I conducted and interpreted many interviews with senior Iraqi officials. In addition, I translated political articles and stories published in local media outlets.
Arabic (Standard and dialects)
Member of American Translators Association (ATA)
Member of Iraqi Translation Association
Member of Iraqi Journalists Union
Standard office applications, including Microsoft Word, and proficiency in Internet usage
References upon request