The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
Japanese to English
| scdeely |
J to E, multiple industry translation
Local time: 21:45 JST (GMT+9)
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), MT post-editing|
|IT (Information Technology)||International Org/Dev/Coop|
|Also works in:|
|Computers: Hardware||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Medical (general)||Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)|
|Marketing / Market Research||Internet, e-Commerce|
|Finance (general)||Engineering (general)|
|Sample translations submitted: 1 |
|Japanese to English: Audio Model Sample|
General field: Tech/Engineering
|Source text - Japanese|
・ 量産試作：２００８年４月M～E 10K台予定
（課題 １） 当初は、音声式での鑑定認定後、書類のみでの鑑定取得を考えていたが、書類のみの鑑定取得は、難しい状況となる。（2月Ｍ頃：書類のみでの認定可否を確認）
（課題 2） YK36は、正負極が逆となり、安全性の面からリード線出しがER5とは逆となる為、ﾏﾆｭｱﾙの変更が必要となり採用が難しい状況。
|Translation - English|
1. Due to the rapid increase in demand (project proposals, etc.) for the buzzer type model, we have decided to increase production by 30K units per month from January to March. (Total of 450K units from January to March)
We will fully honor the additional 450K-unit order between February and March, bringing the total 4Q order to 245K units (200K 45K).
2. New model: Because of defects with the body, another reapplication appraisal and large-scale review of the audio type development are necessary.
- Certified Appraisal: Beginning of April 2008?
- Production Trial: Middle to late April 2008 (estimated 10,000 units)
- First Production Run: Planned for Mid-May 2008 and onward.
3. Initiatives taken for early adoption of EK36
- Produce report for corrosion test results (including Company N components) and check for any problems.
- Due to extensive delays in voice type development, we will request adoption of the buzzer type first. However, early adoption starting in April may present a number of issues.
Issue 1: We had originally planned on receiving document-based approval for the voice type after evaluation, but this may prove to be difficult. (Mid-February: Check viability of document-only approval)
Issue 2: Positive and negative are reversed on YK36; due to safety concerns, the lead outputs are reversed from ER5. The manual must be updated to reflect this, posing an obstacle to adoption.
4. Status of spot weld proposal and adoption.
- We will propose going with spot welding instead of tabs and will proceed in the direction of adopting this approach.
- We will run tensile strength testing and plan to adopt spot welding if the results are equivalent to what is achievable with tabs.
|Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2010.|
|Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
I am currently living in Tokyo as an English Instructor / Freelance Translator. I would like to make the move into full-time freelance translation.
I am looking for all forms of Japanese to Engish Translation work, contract, project by project, or taking pieces of other projects that need to be done by an upcoming deadline.
I hope that I will be able to offer my services and begin many new professional relationships through this site!
Keywords: Technical Translation, quick translation, accurate translation, freelance translator, japanese technical translation, medical translation
Profile last updated
May 16, 2013