• More than 6 years of full-time experience
• ATA Certified (Spanish-into-English)
• Native speaker of US English, but also adept in the use of UK English
• Extensive experience with living and traveling in Spain and Latin America
• Advanced professional writing skills, published academic and scientific author and editor
• Excellent time management, no missed deadlines or last-minute excuses
• Serious commitment to discretion and confidentiality
• Discounts offered for charitable organizations and academic institutions
I am a professional Spanish-to-English translator from California, currently located in Europe. I have a fairly extensive background in Latin American history, culture, and language, although more recently I have spent quite a bit of time in various regions of Spain and have developed a substantial understanding and appreciation of the linguistic and cultural uniqueness found there. I also have a solid grasp of writing in UK English and other English variants, although of course I cannot claim native-level proficiency in these.
My professional background includes time spent in the fields of law, academia, science, environment, and construction. I also have a fairly broad range of outside interests including music, art, history, travel, spirituality, sports, and cooking. All of this background now allows me to take on a wide range of translation projects with confidence and expertise.
I only offer Spanish-to-English translation services, and by focusing on this single language pair I hope to provide levels of source-language comprehension and target-language mastery that other translators may lack.
I am always interested in hearing from potential new clients or collaborators, so please feel free to get in touch.