Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I started developing a love for sports when I moved to Tignes, a ski resort in the French Alps, in 2008. I first took up downhill skiing, then hiking, rock climbing, snowshoeing and ski touring. When I set up as a translator in 2010, it made sense to specialise in a field I'm passionate about and over the years my love for both sports and translation has only grown stronger.
I took up running in the summer of 2017 and I ran the Paris Marathon in 2018, as well as several half marathons since then. I am also a certified PADI Divemaster. My next goal is to complete a 200-hour yoga teacher training in India, probably some time in 2021.
Who do I work for?
- Arc'teryx (www.arcteryx.com)
Translation agencies (see PDF resume for contact details):
- Telelingua France (www.telelingua.com)
- CreativeWords (www.creativewords.eu)
- Libero Language Lab (www.liberos.com)
Through these agencies I translate for major sporting goods manufacturers as well as international sports organisations. Projects range from newsletters, press releases, market research and app localisation to catalogues, promotional content, competition reports, athletes' profiles... in the fields of mountain sports (skiing/snowboarding, climbing/mountaineering, trekking), running/trail running, and olympic sports.
* I've translated the e-book "Decrescere senza fuggire dalla città: Due anni di decrescita in famiglia" (by Marzia Bosoni and Alessandro Caselli) from Italian into French.
Author review: "Ottima traduttrice, precisa e puntuale. Non si è limitata a "tradurre" il testo, ma lo ha contestualizzato nella lingua e cultura di destinazione, prestando grande attenzione ai dettagli. Molto professionale e disponibile. Spero di avere ancora l'occasione per collabore con lei."
* I translated hotel descriptions (EN>FR) for Booking.com for over three years (until 2015);
* I worked in the hotel industry for over 2 years before becoming a translator;
* I have always enjoyed exploring the world: I studied in Ireland in 2005/06, then lived in Australia in 2007 before moving on to New Zealand and Canada. In 2015 I left the French Alps to become a digital nomad. My travels have taken me all over Europe, North & South America, the Caribbean, the Middle East...
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.