English to Czech
Slovak to Czech
Russian to Czech
| Magdalena Rezacova |
Through words towards meaning
Prague, Praha, Hlavni Mesto, Czech Republic
Native in: Czech (Variant: Standard-Czech)
| || |
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Tourism & Travel||Law (general)|
|Law: Contract(s)||Government / Politics|
|Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.||Education / Pedagogy|
|Marketing / Market Research|
|Also works in:|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||Media / Multimedia|
|Medical: Health Care||Medical (general)|
| EUR |
| PRO-level points: 80, Questions answered: 48, Questions asked: 8 |
|PayPal, Wire transfer|
|Master's degree - Charles University - Institute of Translation Studies|
|Years of translation experience: 22. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2011.|
|English to Czech (Charles University - translation studies , verified)|
Czech to English (Charles University - translation studies, verified)
|Adobe Acrobat, DejaVu, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, ABBY pdf transformer, SDL TRADOS|
|CV available upon request|
| Conferences attended |
| Magdalena Rezacova endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
Welcome to my profile!
I am a native Czech translator from English, based in Prague. I hold a Diploma in Translation from Charles University, the Faculty of Arts. I also hold a Legal English Certificate from the Faculty of Law and a Diploma in Religious Studies, the Faculty of Theology. I have been in the translation business for 22 years. Over that period I have developed four main fields of specialization:
1. GOVERNMENT/POLITICS/BUSINESS NEWS
• I have been working for a leading Czech news agency since 1994. On a daily basis, I have to provide timely and highly accurate translations of news from all areas of Czech political, social and cultural life, business news as well as press releases, articles and speeches.
2. TV DOCUMENTARIES
Translating scripts of documentary films for television viewers has become my passion in recent years.
• I have translated more than 150 TV documentaries so far.
• I focus on documentaries featuring nature, prehistory and ancient history, the universe, Christian topics and extraordinary personal life stories.
3. RELIGIOUS TEXTS
In this area, I have translated:
• 13 spiritual growth & fiction books so far
• documents for the Czech Bishops' Conference on the occasion of Pope Benedict XVI's visit to Prague in 2009
• spiritual texts for the annual Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, International Christian Ecumenical observance.
4. LEGAL TEXTS
As far as legal texts are concerned, I specialize in translating:
• contracts, agreements, terms and conditions, memoranda, etc.
• laws, regulations, guidelines, directives, etc.
• official documents such as marriage, birth and education certificates, diplomas, licences, etc.
I'm looking forward to helping you with your translation needs!
For more information about me and my services in the Czech language please visit my website www.prekladynamiru.cz!
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
Keywords: Czech, English-Czech translator, English to Czech translator, Czech translator, translating into Czech, translations into Czech, translations from English into Czech, English to Czech, freelance, freelancer, freelance translator, professional, certificate, degree, law, legal, contracts, agreements, terms and conditions, document, documentary, documentaries, documentary films, documentary movies, TV documentaries, script, screenplay, timecoding, dubbing, government, politics, press release, news, religion, Christian, theology, spiritual growth, vocabulary, TV channel, fiction, subtitling, voiceover translation, legal translation, legal translator, legal texts, education, experienced, translation services, professional Czech translator, proofreading, revision, voiceover, dubbing, localization, CAT, DejaVu X., SDL Trados, regulation
8 visits in the last month,
from a total of 3 visitors This profile has received
Profile last updated