Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
▲ Click "Display standardized information" to see more information about me.
French MA (Hons, 2:1) University of Glasgow - 2013
• Translation Studies
• General Language Studies
• French Culture Studies
Erasmus Exchange, University of Nancy II, France – 2010/2011
• Studied courses in Philosophy, Sociology, and Arts & Literature in the French language.
• Translation and localisation
• Subtitling and transcription
• Available evenings, weekends and for short notice projects.
• 5 years of translation practice during Master’s degree education.
• Current projects include ongoing collaboration with a major internet retailer, translating and postediting machine translation of product titles and descriptions for entry into the UK market. (Have completed
over 100,000 words of translation and post-editing as part of this project).
• Previous projects include short press releases for fashion and science companies, and translation of a
• Microsoft Office – good knowledge of the functions of Microsoft Office and ability to work with any MS Office file.
• Philosophy, sociology, arts and literature – during my studies I covered various subjects meaning that I have more experience in working in these areas both in English and French.
• Music – a personal hobby, but one that would definitely help with any music or music history related translation.
Software and equipment
• SDL Trados Studio 2017
• Microsoft Office 2019
• Aegisub (subtitling software)
• Express Scribe (audio transcription software)
• Professional quality microphone (for voiceovers)
o Audacity (for audio editing)
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.