French to English
| Joshua Lee |
A personal and professional service.
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Local time: 11:06 GMT (GMT+0)
Native in: English
| || |
Always offering a service that is personal and professional.
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, MT post-editing|
|Computers (general)||Computers: Software|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Also works in:|
|Computers: Systems, Networks||Computers: Hardware|
|Finance (general)||IT (Information Technology)|
| PRO-level points: 20, Questions answered: 6 |
| 1 entry|
Access to Blue Board comments is restricted for non-members. Click the outsourcer name to view the Blue Board record and see options for gaining access to this information.
|Outsourcer name||Country||LWA ||Comment||Outsourcer feedback|
|PayPal, Wire transfer, BACS Transfer|
|Master's degree - University of Glasgow|
|Years of translation experience: 4. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2011.|
|English (University of Glasgow, verified)|
French (University of Glasgow, verified)
French to English (Masters degree, University of Glasgow)
|Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Adobe Premiere Pro, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS|
| Localization – beyond translation [download]|
Website localization - one of the primary tools for business global expansion [download]
Software Localization Overview [download]
Localization of video games [download]
| Joshua Lee endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
▲ Click "Display standardized information" to see more information about me.Cherchez-vous mon profil en français? Cliquez ici!
French MA (Hons, 2:1) University of Glasgow - 2013
• Translation Studies
• General Language Studies
• French Culture Studies
Erasmus Exchange, University of Nancy II, France – 2010/2011
• Studied courses in Philosophy, Sociology, and Arts & Literature in the French language.
• Translation and localisation
• Subtitling and transcription
• Available evenings, weekends and for short notice projects.
• 5 years of translation practice during Master’s degree education.
• Recent projects include short press releases for fashion and science companies, and translation of a gambling website.
• Microsoft Office – good knowledge of the functions of Microsoft Office and ability to work with any MS Office file.
• Philosophy, sociology, arts and literature – during my studies I covered various subjects meaning that I have more experience in working in these areas both in English and French.
• Music – a personal hobby, but one that would definitely help with any music or music history related translation.
Software and equipment
• SDL Trados Studio 2017
• Microsoft Office 365
• Professional quality microphone (for voiceovers)
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 20|
(All PRO level)
|French to English||20|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Education / Pedagogy||4|
See all points earned >
Profile last updated