Brief Personal Profile - Translation
Name : Mr. Thongsavanh KHAMMANICHANH
Date and Place of birth : June 5, 1977, Xiengkhouang Province, Lao
Marital Status : Married with two kids.
Present address : House No. 76, Phonesavanh Neua Village,
Xiengkhouang Province, Lao PDR.
E-mail: [email protected]
Cell phone: + 856 20 22345902
2006 Master of Science (MSc) in Agronomy (Major in Agronomy
and Minor in Rural Sociology), University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB) and International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), the Philippines.
1999 Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Agriculture, Agricultural Faculty,
ChiangMai University, Thailand.
• Professional Translation and Interpretation of English Language into Lao Language and Vice Versa, Thai to English and Vice Versa. Mr. Thongsavanh started translation since year 2000 for various organization and projects such as IFAD, GTZ, et., and also he did interpretation as tour guide during these period up to 2003.
• Mr. Thongsavanh entered provided interpretation and translation for various missions during working with UNDP, EU, SDC, etc. In Lao PDR for many times both on site and in the meeting.
• Mr. Thongsavanh entered the translation business as freelancer and professional translator since 2007 up to date.
• Software and tools used: SDL Trados 2014, TTW, WordFast, Google Translation Tool, SDLX, LS Tools, Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, Email, etc as clients require.
Languages provided: English <> Lao, Hmong, Mien, Khmer, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Karen, Nepalese, and other Asian languages.
Please note that I myself provide English <> Lao translation, while other language above I have my team to do such translation.
For about 10 years I have been working in the translation and consecutive translation business, I served the clients more than companies or agencies and direct clients locally and internationally. My major clients include SDL International, Lionbridge, 1Stopasia, Webdunia, CSOFT, CCJK, Ingentuiti, EQHO in Thailand, Smiley Translation Services, DayTranslation, 1Stop Translation, AALA, AllGSI, AppliedLanguage, AutoDocu, AZLocalize, Bayan-Tech, Braahmam, CTS languagelink, Family Radio of Christian, FLSINCORP, JAI Translation, Latitude Prime, Mat-Translation, One-Planet, SEATongue, SSP Service, Thetranslationgate, The World, The Bigword, Translate Plus, Translation2000, Translationsolution, US Translation Company, Veridian Translation, Western Translation, YYZ translation, ALSGlobal, etc. for more 100 agencies that I provided.
Translation services to the organizations, project and companies include: translation of various documents as contacted by the clients such as Beer Lao Company, SIDA funded project, Helvetas NGOs, UNDP, Department of Planning and Investment, etc.
Fields of Expertise in Translation
I am good in all field of translation. I can accept all field of translation; however, the best fields I am very good at are pure science, smart phone, general document, agriculture, tourism, etc.
Experience in Translation in English <> Laotian
- Translation of Samsung Mobile Phone Software and related for about 4 years with the volume of more than 1 million words;
- Translation of Google products for more than 200,000 words;
- Translation of Windows Phone for more than 100,000 words;
- Translation of Hancom for more than 100,000 words;
- Translation of Huawei software for about 100,000 words;
- Translation of various manuals and handbooks (trucks, TVs, electrical appliances, etc.) for about 200,000 words;
- Translation of the legal fields and documents (contracts, court cases, rules, laws, etc.) for more than 200,000 words;
- Translation of patents for some 100,000 words;
- Translation of bibles and some religious books for about 70,000 words;
- Translation of general medical books for more than 200,000 words;
- In total translation of other fields and general documents and requests for more than 4 million words.
Rate for Working
- Translation only at 0.12 USD/word
- Editing/proofreading at 0.05 USD/word
- Hourly work at 35 USD/hour
For more detail, kindly contact me, which can be delivered upon requested.
24 July 2017