- native of the United States
- 4 years of translation experience
- BA (hons) in Modern Languages from Beloit College, WI, USA
- fluent in Portuguese (5+ years of intensive study)
- Cambridge University's CELTA certificate for teaching English
- 2.5 years living in Russia
- 1.5 years living in Brazil (so far)
- 5 years living in a bilingual/bicultural home (English-Portuguese)
- Russian to US English
- Portuguese to US English
EXPERTISE:Video Games & Technology:
- 40,000 words for CyberSafe security software
- 30,000 words for game developer Game Insight
- 50,000 words for Black Cloud Studios upcoming titles
- 20,000 words for game studio Clarus Victoria
- 15,000 words for siding company Alta-Profil
- Translation of the book "The Last Queen of Lemuria" and several fairy tales (80,000 words)
- Translation of the book "Perimeter Defense" (90,000 words, ongoing).
- Translation and localization of world-class restaurant menus (30,000 words)
- Transcription and translation of subtitles for "Precise Poetry," a film about Italian-Brazilian architect and artist Lina Bo Bardi (1h30m). Trailer: www.precise-poetry.com
- Transcription and translation of subtitles for "Favela United," a documentary about women's soccer in Penha Favela, Rio (1h30m)
- Transcription and translation of subtitles for the "Making of" section to the 2011 film "Elena" by acclaimed director Andrei Zvyagintsev.
CONTACT DETAILS AND AVAILABILITY:
Cellphone: +55 (11) 94961-5855
Availability: Monday-Saturday, 9 am - 18 am (GMT-3:00, São Paulo)
Daily capacity: translate 3,000 words; proofread 5,000 words.
Test translations are available upon request.
For a prompt quote, please e-mail me your project or contact me through Skype. If it is urgent, call me at +55 (11) 94961-5855.
Keywords: video games, video game translation, software, technology, russian translator, portuguese translator, russian to english, portuguese to english, literary translation, literature, book translation, books, food, cooking, history, geography, film