Lessor (Party A): xxx, identification card number xxxxxxxx
Lessee (Party B): xxx, identification card number xxxxxxxx
BY THIS AGREEMENT made and entered between Party A and Party A, both parties agree on the following:
1. Party A hereby leases to Party B, for residential purposes, the premises situated at
xx street, building x, unit number xxxx,
xx district, xx city
The lease term begins xxx (month), xx (date), xxxx (year) and ends xxx (month), xx (date), xxxx (year), a total of x months.
2. This residential unit’s rent shall be xx Renminbi, calculated monthly / quarterly / annually. Within x days of the first day of each month / quarter / year, Party B shall pay the monthly / quarterly / annual rent to Party A.
3. For the duration of Party B’s lease, water, electricity, heat and natural gas, telephone, furnishing costs and other costs resulting from Party B living on the premises shall be Party B’s responsibility. Upon expiration of the lease term, Party B shall pay these costs in arrears.
4. Party B will not damage the premises. For alterations and improvements, Party B must first obtain Party A’s consent and be responsible for related costs. Upon expiration of the lease term, Party B shall return premises as they were at the commencement of the lease.
5. After the term of the lease is completed, if Party B requests to extend the term, he then must submit that request xx months in advance. Party A, after must reply within x days after receiving Party B’s request. If in agreement to extend the lease, then the contract shall be renewed. Under equal terms, Party B shall be given priority to rent the property before other potential lessees.*
6. During the lease term, should either party seek to cancel this contract, the Party shall provide notice to the other Party xx months in advance. After reaching mutual consensus, a contract cancellation letter must be signed. If either Party forcefully breaks a contract, that Party must pay a contract cancellation fee of xx Renminbi.
7. Should a dispute arise, Party A and Party B shall engage in friendly discussions to resolve it. Should such discussions fail, the dispute shall be submitted to the local People’s Court for mediation.
8. This contract, effective from the date of signature, is signed in x originals with Party and Party B each holding x originals.
Month Date Year
Other - University of Chicago - Graham School
Years of translation experience: 7. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2012.