Member since May '14 Working languages: Portuguese to English English to Portuguese Spanish to Portuguese Spanish to English
Ana Ribeiro Olson Medical and General Translations
Local time: 23:25 UYT (GMT-3) Native in
: Portuguese (Variant: Brazilian)
Feedback from clients and colleagues on Willingness to Work Again 8 positive reviews
Freelancer, Verified member This person has a SecurePRO™ card. View now. Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Subtitling, Copywriting
Specializes in: Medical: Health Care Medical: Cardiology Medical (general) Cooking / Culinary Advertising / Public Relations Cinema, Film, TV, Drama Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting Government / Politics Economics Management
Also works in: Medical: Instruments
PRO-level points: 88, Questions answered: 42, Questions asked: 1 Money order, Wire transfer, PayPal, Skrill Medicina, Medicina - Ana Ribeiro Olson, Relações Internacionais - Ana Ribeiro Olson Other - Brasillis Idiomas Years of translation experience: 7. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2012. Became a member: May 2014. English (University of Michigan, verified) English to Portuguese (Brasillis Idiomas) Portuguese to English (Brasillis Idiomas) APTRAD memoQ, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OmegaT, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, XTM CV available upon request / CV disponível a pedido Conferences attended Fiz um cadastro no ProZ.com. E agora? [download] Microsoft Word Avançado para tradutores: ganhando produtividade com uma ferramenta básica [download] Ana Ribeiro Olson endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND - TRANSLATOR
• – Freelancer Translator – 2011-present Specialized in medical and healthcare translations, transcreation, localisation, advertisement, arts, economics, software engineering, business, culinary, and journalism.
o – 2011-present Elsevier | Journals. Translation of medical articles in Pediatrics, Cardiology, Orthopedics, Otorhinolaryngology, and other areas, from Portuguese to English, English to Portuguese.
o – 2014-present Centros Culturais Banco do Brasil. Translation of advertisement material from Portuguese to English. Samples of my work in arts/advertisement can be found at: CCBB Belo Horizonte CCBB Brasília CCBB São Paulo CCBB Rio de Janeiro.
– 2011-present Translation and transcreation agencies and direct clients.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND - BEFORE TRANSLATION
• – Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (ANATEL). 2005-2009 Occupation: Especialista em Regulação (Regulation Specialist).
• – Ministério das Cidades (in projects with the Brazilian Presidency). 2009-2011 Occupation: Especialista em Políticas Públicas e Gestão Governamental (Public Policy and Management Specialist).
CPD AND AC ADEMIC BACKGROUND
• – Bachelor in Economics – Universidade de Brasília (UnB). 2004
• – Graduate in Public Administration – Escola de Nacional de Administração Pública (ENAP), Brasília, Brazil. 2007
• – Translator Training Course – Brasillis Idiomas. 2016-2017
– Refresher Course in Brazilian Portuguese Grammar for Editors and Reviewers – UNIL. 2017
– SET - Subtitling Excellence Course – Verve. 2018 (ongoing)
Cooking and Photography – I am a food blogger ( Tertúlias de Forno e Fogão - bilingual blog).
Patchwork and Crafts in general.
Founder and moderator of Tradutores/Saúde, the first Facebook group in Brazil for medical translators, with over 500 members, and of Traductores e Intérpretes en Uruguay, the first Facebook group in Uruguay for translators and interpreters
Organizer of Barcamps for Translators and Interpreters in Uruguay and of the BRCamp
– Native Speaker Portuguese
– Near Native Speaker - English Certification: University of Michigan – ECPE
– Advanced (fluent) - Spanish Certification: Universidad de Salamanca e Instituto Cervantes – DELE Superior
– Pre-Intermediate Speaking and Writing, Upper Intermediate Reading and Listening French
– Pre-Intermediate Speaking and Writing, Intermediate Reading and Listening Italian
– Starter Speaking and Writing, Basic Reading and Listening German
Keywords: Tradução, inglês, português, espanhol, medicina, saúde, cardiologia, traumatologia, ortopedia, pediatria, otorrinolaringologia, localização, software, artes, culinária, artesanato, jornalismo, marketing, governo, política, administração pública, serviço público, políticas públicas, relações internacionais, diplomacia, economia, translation, English, Portuguese, Spanish, medicine, medical, medical translation, medical translator, healthcare, cardiology, traumatology, orthopedics, pediatrics, otorhinolaryngology, ENT, localization, software, arts, culinary, crafts, journalism, marketing, government, politics, public administration, international affairs, diplomacy, public service, public policy, economics, traducción, Inglés, Portugués, Español, medicina, salud, cardiología, traumatología, ortopedia, pediatría, otorrinolaringología, localización, software, artes, cocina, artesanía, periodismo, marketing, politica, administración pública, gobierno, servicio público, economía, MemoQ, SDL Studio, SDL Trados,
Profile last updated Apr 3