English to Chinese: User Guide Study Messaging Services (SMS) General field: Other Detailed field: IT (Information Technology)
Source text - English After you click the SMS application link as shown in section 2.1, you will reach the SMS dashboard. This is the main page of the SMS tool, and it will be specific to your site. Key elements of this screen include:
1. The Sites dropdown box is used to select the correct site for which you need to create a subject. Please note that the user will only have access to which they are associated.
2. The Create New Subject button is used to add a subject to the SMS tool.
3. The Subjects Participating in Reminder System section displays a table that includes all of the subjects you have added to the SMS tool, along with key data for each subject.
4. The Site Details and Site Contact Details sections will display demographic information from your site. This will be pre-populated by ePS.
5. Links provide access to the reference materials and technical support.
6. Links at the bottom of the screen allow you to:
Go Home (back to this screen)
Contact Us (reach ePS helpdesk)
Log Out (log out of the SMS tool and close the browser window)
English to Chinese: Philosophical Book General field: Other Detailed field: Psychology
Source text - English We are neither dreamers nor perfect beings, and we are not the first to discuss the value of happiness. People have pondered over and sought happiness throughout history. Almost 2,400 years ago, Aristotle said that
the purpose of government was to achieve happiness. He posited that the government was a living creature that evolved and sought to achieve moral perfection and the happiness of individuals. The famous 15th century Arab historiographer Ibn Khaldun was, among others, of the same view. The United States of America’s Declaration of Independence guarantees the right for everyone to pursue happiness. There are calls from the United Nations (UN) to amend the standards adopted for the measurement of governments’ performance, from economic metrics to benchmarks related to human happiness. The UN has even named a world day to confirm the importance of happiness.
Translation - Chinese 我们既不是梦想家，也不是完美的人，我们也不是第一个讨论幸福价值的人。在历史的长河中，人们早已思考过幸福，追寻过幸福。早在2400年前，亚里士多德就说过，政府的目的是要实现幸福。他认为，政府是一个为力求实现道德完美和个人幸福而演变来的生物。著名的15世纪阿拉伯史学家阿肯本•哈尔敦（Akbn Khaldun）也秉持同样的观点。美国的《独立宣言》确保人人拥有追求幸福的权力。联合国（UN）呼吁，将衡量政府绩效的经济指标标准改为与人类幸福相关的标准。联合国甚至还设立了一个世界日，以此表明幸福的重要性。